Installing Mandrake Linux 9.1 has me boggled!

• nox9.colt45.
  • Born
  • Born
  • nox9.colt45.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ive been trying to instal mandrake for a whlie now. I have 2 HD's one with windows, one that is partitioned to FAT32 with 12GB. I have all 3 CD's of mandrake and have many problems.

My computer will not boot from the CD's i created to go into install.

Also, i have created the startup disc that Mandrake set up, to run from CD-Rom. It searches for the disc, reads it, and says its the wrong disc.

Anyone know what to do?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

nox9.colt45. wrote:
My computer will not boot from the CD's i created to go into install.

To be able to boot from your CD rom you have to make sure your boot order is right in your BIOS area. Usually when you boot up your computer at the beginning you will notice it says press DEL to enter your BIOS setup. Inside your BIOS setup there should be something somewhere that specifies your boot order. On many computers the CD-ROM falls after the Hard drive in the boot order, thus making so it never checks your CD-ROM. On my computer I have the boot order setup as follows:

Floppy
CD-ROM
Hard Drive

So in other words it will first check your floppy disk for a boot disk. If it cannot find one, it will then check your CD-ROM for a boot disk (in your case it will be your Mandrake Linux CD), and after that it will use your hard disk.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts