Intsallation Help

• new4linux
  • new4linux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please treat me as real newbie who is trying to step into Linux world..

I am looking for Screenshot of installing Red-Hat Linux on Windows PC running XP PRO. I want Xindows keeps running fine as it is now + I can install the Linux and make my PC a dual boot. Please give me the screen-shots of doing this.

My PC is Dell's Dimension 8400 with IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® 4 Processor with Hyper-Threading technology ,250GB Disk. 2GB Ram

Thanks everyone in getting me started
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't think that screenshots could tell you what you need to do, lol.
do you already have redhat downloaded and burned to cd's? what version of redhat are you wanting to use? because if its redhat 9, that has been replaced with fedora and the current version of fedora is called fedora core 5 which you can download from one of these mirrors: http://fedora.redhat.com/Download/mirrors.html

have you searched google for what you want? i'm sure you could find a good tutorial on how to install linux that would have some accompanying screenshots. but yea - if you could first get back to what version of redhat you're wanting to install, that would help us help you. also, you're going to have to resize your windows xp partition so that you have some unpartitioned space on your hard drive where linux can install. there are a number of programs for doing this but i believe the most popular one that windows users use is called Partition Magic which you can download a free trial of here :)
  • new4linux
  • new4linux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Professor ..Thanks for the encouraging reply. I am flexible on what version of Linux I can install. You can get me started with any Red-Hat version you have the Screen-shot available. I don't have the Software CDs yet. However that's not a problem as I am looking for real basic screen-shot kind help and then I can get the matching Red-Hat download or even buy from somewhere. I do own the Partition magic so I have just created the Partition ready to install Linux On.

Please let me know what screen-shot help you can get me,

I am happy to found this forum...May be spend some time every day to learn more ..
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

hm...ok. i think i like you. lol in a very detached, over the internet, your not as dumb as you say kind of way :]

personally i liked mandriva 2006.0, so hows this ?
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow i would of never guessed there was actually a screenshot by screenshot howto on installing a linux os. quite shocked i am.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Enjoi_Panda_Man wrote:
wow i would of never guessed there was actually a screenshot by screenshot howto on installing a linux os. quite shocked i am.

lol nice.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts