Kororaa Xgl

• AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://kororaa.org
hey, has anyone seen the kororaa xgl livecd? it's quite impressive IMHO.. xgl is b-e-a-utiful :D lol...and very...wavy. ^_^
although as of right now the livecd doesn't come with an installer it's not that hard to install it to your hard drive. and its based off gentoo which is convenient because some of us suck at life and can't get gentoo installed the old fashioned way so this is a good way to just get to a desktop, but still be using gentoo, lol.
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

KICK ASS i should of check this post earlier. ive tried a normal gentoo live cd and it sucked very much. installing it was way better. im so gonna give this one a try.

anarchy you should keep trying to install gentoo. its such a good feeling once you get it done and custmoize it. it will keep bothering you that you failed.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Enjoi_Panda_Man wrote:
KICK ASS i should of check this post earlier. ive tried a normal gentoo live cd and it sucked very much. installing it was way better. im so gonna give this one a try.

anarchy you should keep trying to install gentoo. its such a good feeling once you get it done and custmoize it. it will keep bothering you that you failed.

of course you should have checked the post earlier, i'm not the type of person to post garbage :P

hahah...give it another try. sigh. i've tried for a total of about 3 days. like, entire days. 72 hours. 4,320 minutes. 259,200 seconds. it made me hate gentoo with a passion most will never feel :] i had such problems that people on the gentoo.org forums had no idea how to help/fix it. so i fixed it and formatted the sob :] lol and it felt good. it doesn't bother me that the installation failed as i installed the Kororaa XGL LiveCD to my hard drive and it worked just fine. i was able to update the system and install things. and it's a LiveCD, meaning that there was no install script and i had to do everything myself. why could i install a livecd, something that was never meant to be installed, but yet i couldn't install gentoo (and get to a desktop), something which is meant to be installed and useable? lol as you can see i'm still not a very big fan of gentoo. kororaa has a preconfigured gentoo install for those who dont want to compile the initial things all by themselves and i've considered doing that as they have a how to for installing xgl from their installable version, but the only reason i'd do that is i was unable to get mp3 support working when i installed the livecd (i got bored with trying). lol mm...i'm rather long-winded today.. ANYWAYS i'm done for now.. lol let us know how you like xgl tho ^_^
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man

Post 3+ Months Ago

il let you know when i get around to downloading and burning it (hopefully tonight). my only concern is will it work with my ati card the 3d support that is. i would really like to be able to use the cool 3d effects it offers.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Enjoi_Panda_Man wrote:
il let you know when i get around to downloading and burning it (hopefully tonight). my only concern is will it work with my ati card the 3d support that is. i would really like to be able to use the cool 3d effects it offers.

wish i could tell you but i still need to send my mobo back to get it replaced as it doesn't power my x800 in either pci-e slot so i'm using a nvidia geforce mx4000 128mb pci card....yea, pci. not pci-e....pci. lol
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey not everyone is blessed with awesome computer hardware. i run on a ati 9600 and a cheep old dell mobo my dad bought.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey, i liked my 9600 :P
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man

Post 3+ Months Ago

its nothing special on windows and its terrible on linux since ive never been able to get the proper drivers to work. damn you ati!
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol weird...i've gotten the drivers to work in Fedora Core 3.

have you ever tried fedora?
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man

Post 3+ Months Ago

alright i finaly got to try out kororaa xgl live cd. it has the propietary ati drivers but for some reason didnt work with my ati on my laptop. fortunatly the 3d eye candy worked so that was cool. i must say i like the concept and what they are doing but i wouldnt use this live cd. my main problem is it boots 3 times out of 10. im guessing this has to do with the fact that this is demo and its not perfect. once it finaly boots its quite glitchy. im sure it runs better if its actualy installed but as a live cd it isnt that good. once again probably cause its just a demo. but its so glitchy i wasnt even able to make this post from it. it kept freezing on me. and my last complaint was lack of wireless tools so i wasnt able to iwconfig my wireless on the laptop. non the less this looks extremely promising. im gonna go home and install the OS on my desktop. thanks again anarchy for sharing.

by the way you should check out auditor and backtrack

http://new.remote-exploit.org/index.php/Main_Page

best live cds ive used so far.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i've had backtrack for a couple months :] its a fun livecd, but every time i tried to install it it always killed something, lol.
i think the problems you were having were from your laptop..? because every time i've booted it i've had no such problems whatsoever. lol although i dont have wireless so i didn't have that problem.
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i booted into it on a desktop. works a hell of a lot better. still glitchy but better. and yet i wasnt able to post from it cause it keeps crashing when i open firefox. it has samba though and it works out of the box so thats a plus. cant wait to get home and install it (im at work alone with nothing to do but sit and get paid for it) : )
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

weird...i dont understand the crashing. i had no problems running firefox on it, i posted on kororaa's forum on the xgl livecd forum a couple times and i believe i posted on here.
psht.wheredoyouwork ? i want to work there.. lol
are you going to install the LiveCD or the actual distro and then go through the instructions on how to install XGL to that? lol i'm thinking about doing the latter of the two options..
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man

Post 3+ Months Ago

havent looked into it. i was going to install it on the pc i use at work (i had debian on there but upon trying to upgrade gnome it didnt tell me i needed a newer kernel image and so it tried installing stuff anyway and it ended up screwing up and upon me tyring to fix it i completely broke some things so yeah not cool.) but seeing as that it doesnt have wireless tools and stuff i wouldnt be able to connect to the net since there is no drop in that office. i connect via linksys wireless adapter. i would need ndiswrapper and wireless tools. so for the pc at work im probbaly gonna put backtrack or auditor. i came to find that the ati propriety drivers seem to work with a good number of cards. worked with this pc that had a x600 pcie card. but for some reason it would not boot on my pc at home. i swear that live cd is whack.

WOO passed the 100 mark!
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i find these occurrences really odd...did you try posting on kororaa's forum?
mm..i dont share the driver problem as my ATi card needs more power than my mobo can give it (i still need to send my mobo in) so i got this $26 nVidia GeForce MX4000 off ebay, lol. works like a champ tho.. although with Counter-Strike i have to use Directx7 =\

lol good job..i'm going for 1,000 :( its so close..but yet so far..
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man

Post 3+ Months Ago

i havent bothered checking around their forums. im just gonna install it to my pc and see how that works out for me. il let you know what happens.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahah, iIi c...the stubborn route ;)
have fun..

http://kororaa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=500&start=0
that may help you out with the installation. i did similar to the first post, except for the order in which i mounted things..
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah you dont usualy see me post for help unless its something ive been trying for a long time and have done lots of research on and then i give up. and sadly that one question i had never got answered. the whole gentoo and limewire post but eh it wasnt my computer HA HA. thanks for the link il see if i can install it sometime this week.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts