LAMP technology

• vcs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
1) Any one tell me about this technology .
2) Which OS(linux) is best while using LAMP?
:|
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) LAMP stands for linux/apache/mysql/php. Linux is your operating system, apache is the web server application that sends information out to peoples browsers, mysql is your database, and php is the "php hypertext processor" (a server side scripting language to dynamically create web pages). But I think you probably already know all that.

2) The best linux distro for a LAMP server is a matter of opinion. You can ask 10 different people that question and get 10 different answers, so just pick one and see if YOU like it. If not, ditch it, otherwise keep it. I think wikipedia has a "list of linux distributions" page for you to look at to help you choose.
  • vcs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx for replpy,

Can some one tell me where i can easily download redhat enterprise 5.0 softwares(like office,winrar,music player etc...).
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Openoffice.org is the free open source equivelent to MS office that seems to be most popular.

A good music player I like is called xine. And for video try VLC.

Anything else, just ask google and He will tell you.
  • vcs

Post 3+ Months Ago

i already search on Google..but i m not satisfied with the output..that why i asked for some perfect links where i got these softwares...
  • vcs

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you for your reply..hope u help me in future to over come form situations...
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you get it figured out?

vcs wrote:
..that why i asked for some perfect links where i got these softwares...

Linux has software in repositories. To install software, you'll generally go into your package manager and have it install the software for you. It's different then Windows in the idea that you don't just go to a website, download an exe and double click it (like I said, generally).
Winrar is available for linux. It should be in the repository but if not, you can go to their website and download it. I prefer Banshee as my music player. VLC media player is available for Windows and Linux and is a quite capable video player.
Really you can just browse the repository in your package manager and install whatever you like.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've never used banshee but I have heard high remarks for it because it is capable of syncing with an apple ipod.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea, it's a pretty nice program. Easy to use, has a nice interface and it's not slow or sluggish. I used, what I think is, the KDE equivalent program for a week or slow and it's performance was lacking in comparison.
  • vcs

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a laptop vostro 1014 . I installed linux REDHAT ENTERPRISE 5
but it cann't find drivers...please tell me where i can download drivers for DELL VOSTRO 1014 and how to install it...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go to this site and click "Enter a Tag". The service tag is a 6 or 7 digit alphanumeric number on the bottom of the laptop, usually with a bar code. This will give you the options of getting drivers for windows or linux.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts