Linux Help

• Php-
  • Php-

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi i need help, i downloaded sue linux, which is 690mb, so, i got all of the files the boot.ini and all tht, but, i burnt it to disc once and i set it to boot cd rom and it said, not cd bootable in drive, and its all correct, and i burnt it again and it still said the same thing, so , ive bought 50 discs, do i need to extract the iso image,?, so then become extracted folders, or do i need to burn just the iso image and no extracting at all

please help

thanks every one xx
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

sue linux? do you mean *suse linux? because that's definitely more than 1 iso. where did you download it from?

no, you do NOT extract anything from the iso.

what you need to do - is burn the iso as a disk image. if you burn it as a data disk, it will not work (which is what i'm guessing you did). also, what program did you use to burn the disk? Alcohol 120% is a good program for burning disk images (such as iso's) and they have a 30 day free trial of their software which you can download here. other software will burn iso's, such as nero or roxio, but you pretty much CAN'T mess it up
  • Php-
  • Php-

Post 3+ Months Ago

theres one problem, i already extracted it, it is now uncompressed, can i convert it back to .iso?

u there m8

i extracted it by accident, / i didnt know i werent supposed to, is ther anyway to convert it back to an iso image?
  • Php-
  • Php-

Post 3+ Months Ago

ru there m8?

soz bout double post
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

did you delete the iso? because if you didn't delete the iso, then theres nothing to worry about. and the only way the iso would be gone is if you deleted it.

also - if you burned the iso as a data cd, then it would be on the disk as an iso and not as it is supposed to be. so you can either find the original iso or you can insert one of the cd's you burned, and on there there should be the file.iso which you can simply drag and drop onto your computer and then continue to burn it as a disk image.
  • Php-
  • Php-

Post 3+ Months Ago

i cant find the iso, i didnt delete it, i dont remember deleting it, but if i did, is there a way to convert it to iso again?

EDIT: Wait, i have found a file inside the uncompressed folder

called

CLOOP.IMG

it is 1002mb or something, do i just need to burn that file to disc?
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

why dont u just grab the iso off one of the disks you burned?

otherwise, check this out
  • Php-
  • Php-

Post 3+ Months Ago

so ive converted it to iso, so all i need to do is burn this to a dvd , non rewritable and it shoult boot up fine, / i have to install it then right?
  • Php-
  • Php-

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, i burnt it to disc using alcohol 120, so, now i burnt it and i set my advanced bios settings, went into the boot and selected Boot From Cd Rom
so it boots my laptop, but then it s ays not cd room bootable or w/e
have i done something wrong?
and it is just the iso file that is 1.10gb
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

which version of suse was it that you burned? because no version is 1.10GB... did you download it from novell's / opensuse's website? or do you not remember where you downloaded it from.?
my suse dvd is 4.17GB and that's for suse pro 9.3.
so i'm thinking you didn't actually download the suse dvd...
  • Php-
  • Php-

Post 3+ Months Ago

i downloaded it from linuxiso.org
and also , i bought a magazine and it had Suse Linux Personal on it, and it was only 1.10gb
and the linux i downloaded was
SuSE PERSONAL
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

the version on linuxiso.org is the last one produced before novell took over which is out of date IMHO.
you should download suse 10 from http://www.opensuse.org
  • Php-
  • Php-

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont care, if its new or old, i just want to see how linux works. and i wanna use it , why isnt it booting it, i have done everything you have told me to do.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts