login problems

• xiona
  • Born
  • Born
  • xiona
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi to all,

i am in a little trouble with my PCQ linux 7.1 ...

actually the problem is that due to power failure i got my PC crashed while running on PCQ linux 7.1 ... ...but i when i reboot after power came then i could not log in ...

but i can log in into the command mode but there is some problem with the Gnome Desktop loading as when i try to log in from command screen then i use to get a blank screen for a while then the same log in screen appears ...

i guess there is some problem with
Code: [ Select ]
  .gnome  
directory of mine ...

some body please tell me how to get my Desktop back ...

waiting for a quick responce .....

:roll:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

What exactly happens when you try to start the gui? Does the machine automatically attempt to load the gui using xdm or the like? If you can get to the command line, you should check your logfiles for errors, perhaps something in /var/log/messages? or /var/log/XFree86.*.log?

Chances are the system still thinks the connector (or adapter) is in use, perhaps due to a lockfile or the ilk.

Do you see something that resembles .DCOPServer <something something>:<something>?

Perform an ls -la on your home dir, and copy in the dot files -- the .whatever files.

My best guess at the moment, without any additional information is, that you should delete the .DCOP files if they exist in the cli, and then try again.

Barring new information from the logs, that is.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts