Most Stable Linux for Servers

• Tdotwire
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

lets say someone decided not to have hosting under a dedicated server company, instead they decided to setup their own servers under colocation network.

So since they are setting up their own stuff, they are required to install an operating system. In this case Linux, but which one? since there are so many, would anyone describe which one would be best to use for a website system and why.

Or just in conclusion which one is the most stable and best suited for high traffic dynamic database driven websites....

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Frankly, I fear the only responses you will receive are those tainted with personal opinion, and while we encourage our members to *have* an (informed) opinion, said opinion may not mesh with your requirements or level of expertise.

Therefore I suggest you do some due diligence, and test various versions to find which might be more suitable for your exacting needs.

Also this question (or forms thereof) have been asked and answered on many occasions; I suggest you do a site search here at Ozzu to find the previously recorded 'opinions'.

As such, I will lock this topic.

Cheers.
//locked

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts