ndiswrapper problem with AR5005G

• Samji
  • Born
  • Born
  • Samji

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone. I have recently installed SUSE 10.0 on my laptop and have had trouble getting ndiswrapper to work for my Atheros AR5005G wifi card. I had previously tried madwifi, but I it ended up breaking my SUSE installation.

I have installed ndiswrapper off the first CD of the distribution and used the same driver (net5211.inf, etc.) for my wifi card as that on my Windows XP installation, where the card works fine.

I used ndiswrapper to install the drivers and added a net card configuration to Yast using the ndiswrapper module and restarted my computer.

After doing modprobe ndiswrapper and dmesg | grep ndiswrapper in the terminal, I get this output and there's a complaint about the block size of the used windows driver (???):

Quote:
ndiswrapper: module not supported by Novell, setting U taint flag.
ndiswrapper version 1.2 loaded (preempt=no,smp=no)
ndiswrapper: driver net5211 (,08/25/2005,4.1.102.1095) loaded
ndiswrapper: using irq 11
ndiswrapper (NdisAllocateMemory:239): Windows driver allocating too big a block at DISPATCH_LEVEL: 202384
ndiswrapper (NdisAllocateMemory:239): Windows driver allocating too big a block at DISPATCH_LEVEL: 202384
wlan0: ndiswrapper ethernet device 00:11:f5:ae:fa:44 using driver net5211, configuration file 168C:001A.5.conf

What's wrong? Do I need a newer version of my driver, which I can't seem to find anywhere or do I need a newer version of ndiswrapper...

Or is it some other problem?

Thanks very much in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post