in need of assistance

• crashdan
  • Student
  • Student
  • crashdan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am trying to install fedora core 5 a machine i have refurbished.. amd sempron 2400, foxconn micro atx mobo, 512 ram, all hardware supported by linux.

My problem comes in actually installing it, I have looked through the FAQ's and can't seem to get to the root of my problem, or the answer. Pretty much the fedora disks I have made from downloading the iso's off torrents aren't bootable. How can make it so I am able to boot to them?

thank you very much
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

what program and os are you using to burn the cds?

there may be some settings that need enabling, but not much I can tell without knowing the program.
  • crashdan
  • Student
  • Student
  • crashdan

Post 3+ Months Ago

i used isobuster and nero to burn the cds on a windows media center xp machine .... im thinking of trying to rescue disk tomorrow

i just tried using just nero to burn the image and still same result
  • crashdan
  • Student
  • Student
  • crashdan

Post 3+ Months Ago

tried installing different software to burn the install cds and still no luck. I have tried nero iso burning, using iso buster to burn, and some others whowont create boot cds higher than 300 mb and still no luck. anyone willing to burn them for me and ship me them. I will pay
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

The iso's are exact images of the production FC5 CDs, which means that if yours are not bootable, you're not burning them correctly.

Make sure you're not "making a data disc" in nero. There should be an option that simply states "burn image to disc". ISO Buster shouldn't even be used for this as that opens the ISO (which you don't want to do). All you should be burning to each CD is a single iso file.
  • crashdan
  • Student
  • Student
  • crashdan

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats what ive been doing ( with nero that is), are there any other image burning software available online for purchase?
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

cdburnerxp pro is free and burns disk images

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts