Need Info about cache server for Fast Web Browsing........

• Asghar
  • Born
  • Born
  • Asghar

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi my name is Asghar and i am from Pakistan i need to know how to make cache server for cable internet for Fast web browsing i am new in kindly some 1 explain me how to m using ADSL Router for my internet connection kindly reply my message please....

Reguards
Asghar Durrani
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you only have a few computers or only one computer, a cache server will not be needed. Networks with many cache servers benefit from cache servers better than small networks. But if you still want to learn about proxies and caching, the service for linux is called squid and it is distributed by the apache software foundation. Try doing a google search for "squid cache server".

Cable internet and ADSL internet are very different. The letters ADSL stand for asyncronous digital subscriber line, and it uses the telephone network to transmit the network signals. Cable internet works differently and uses a coaxial cable to transmit the signal. Both have their good parts and bad parts.

To use either one, you should be able to read the directions included with the modem. But basically, you connect either the telephone line or the coax cable to the modem, then use a CAT5 cable to connect your computer to the modem, and configure your computer for DHCP. But read the directions included with your modem for better information about how to do this.
  • Asghar
  • Born
  • Born
  • Asghar

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey Brother thanx for the reply Actually we r using CAT6 cable for our network and we have more den 300 user's this is wat i need cache server and the Main Source is we geeting Bandwidth on ADSL Router it's ok but wat i need is cache server and how to configure it thanx ...

Reguards
Asghar Durrani
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

CAT6 and CAT5 are pretty similar cable, so that is ok. The website for the squid proxy server is http://www.squid-cache.org/ so you can download it from there and use the documentation to get it up and running.

At my work, we have about 75 computers on a single 7MB DSL circuit, and it seems to work good. But 300 is a lot more than 75, so you should be able to benefit from the cache server.
  • Asghar
  • Born
  • Born
  • Asghar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx for ye reply brother now m srying to download Squid and if i get stuck some whea den i'll give ye shout once again THANX :)
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts