Network Problems

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't seem to access anything out side my local network. I checked my dns and everything is up to date. I even tried google's public dns with no luck. After none of that worked I tried to ping an ip directly.

I pinged google from my desktop and then tried the same ip from my local server.

Code: [ Select ]
# ping 74.125.155.104
connect: Network is unreachable
  1. # ping 74.125.155.104
  2. connect: Network is unreachable

It's like my server can't get out side my network.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any time something strange like this happens to me at home, I shut everything down including modem and router. I then disconnect all of my ethernet cables and boot up all of the systems along with the modem and router. Once my workstation is up and running I plug it in to the router, once I see a website in my browser I open my routers config and DHCP screens before plugging in my other systems one at a time and waiting for them to register in DHCP.

That's had me up and running every time. Not that it happens often. :D
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm having a pretty similar problem with my new LTSP server I've been struggling to build. It has 4 network cards in it, 3 of them I'm leaving unplugged and disabled. I have a static address assigned to the one but can't seem to ping either too or from the server. I tried a dhcp configuration but it fails and says to check the cable. I checked the cable and it was good, and even made a new cable for it with the same results. The lights are on on the server NIC and are on at the switch, green flashing lights. So data appears to be traveling, but really it isn't.

I think what I might do is get a wireshark rpm and install that on the server and see exactly what is happening.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Disregard my last post, I'm retarded. And HP is retarded. I set eth0 for dhcp, then restarted the network service. It failed saying there was no network cable, but I had the cable plugged into the spot labelled as "1" on the back (1 through 4). So I moved it to "2", same results, again for "3", then on 4 it got an address from my dhcp server. The thing is labeled ass backwards.
  • --DiZzLe--
  • Born
  • Born
  • --DiZzLe--

Post 3+ Months Ago

This post split to new thread unix-linux-forum/network-problems-t102972.html

I am kinda new to the Linux world and was wondering if anyone knew how to find a driver for a Hawking Usb Network Adapter.. HWUN3.? I have looked but could find nothing. Maybe someone would know how to get it installed? I would appreciate some help...
Dizzle
Moderator Remark: split notice added

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts