Networking OS X and Ubuntu

• Avon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Avon
  • Loc: United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an OS X that uses a wireless connection, and it's hooked up with an ethernet cable to an ubuntu. I want to share the connection, but I don't know how to make it work. Is what I'm trying to do even possible? Anyone got suggestions?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

i know its possible with windows BUT only if your isp supports it. i know for a fact earthlink doesnt. now how you would do that on OS X i have no clue. but if you have earthlink then your out of luck.
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should google for NAT or Network Address Translation - this is the equivalent to Windows ICS. In fact: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... tnG=Search

This has nothing to do with your ISP - they don't need to support anything at all for you to run any form of NAT - all their servers will ever see is one computer - the NAT server, which is the whole point of NAT to begin with. If your ISP told you otherwise, they're flat out lying. The ISP has nothing to do with the way you decide to configure your internal network.
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats what i figured but i tried before and i could never get it working in windows and i remember coming across once that you werent able to do it with earthlink for some reason but yeah im probably wrong since i never looked too much into it cause i didnt really need it. i apologize for my false information.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts