im new to linux.......need help. help me!! :-D

• samuraigecko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • samuraigecko
  • Loc: fort lauderdale FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

:starwars: :n00b: :n00b: :n00b: and well i have linux iso's on my computer ( linuxiso.org ) and SOON im buying a cheaop ( about 200 or 300 i think?) computer and puting linux on it. and i first question is......... i have the ISO's and i have Nero(burning software) umm what do i do drap the linux iso's in to the disc thing? or is there more to it before the burning of the disc?

# 2!! - im a complete :n00b at linux but i think i can hanlde it with much supprt :-D and stuff. but im going to be useing the ( i think) lasest version of RedHat ( i think its # 9), my friend told me it was the easyest to sue as well as a VERY good OS to use for linux. is this true? i mean i want ti to be supa easy! thanks! hope you guys can help me :-D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want something super easy use windows. Linux isn't easy, but the distro's help you along, and you can learn as you go, but its no where nearly as easy as microshaft. Anyways in nero->file->burn image should be where you wanna go to burn the ISO's.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's exactly what I did with the iso's 2 nights ago with Nero. All three discs burnt just fine. The install was relatively painless...just a matter of reading and following the directions on the pages. I have it a little easier than some since I've installed countless OS's, but it did seem pretty easy. It will take a bit for me as a newbie also to get accustomed to the new GUI, but it seems pretty straightforward so far. I'm looking forward to learning it and eventially installing the server.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts