problem in installing network simulator on linux

• neo_pradeep
  • Born
  • Born
  • neo_pradeep

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am installing network simulator 2.27allinone package on my redhat 9 .its read me file says to run ./install and when i do that i get the mesage that """: bad interpreter: No such file or directory """"" but when i list the files in the directory there is a install file there in greeen color
  • Jazzy
  • Student
  • Student
  • Jazzy
  • Loc: Brussels

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you have the source code you should install running this commands in this order :

./configure

make

-login as root for systemwide install-

make install
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

The all in one is supposed to come with all the components required; however, it appears -- and it would be odd if so -- that the all in one only runs on Unix, not Linux. At least according to the documentation. (Well that and cygwin on windows -- which is a Unix shell).

It also goes on to say that if you have any problems installing the all-in-one package, you should move onto the individual installs.

I suggest this as well, mainly so that you know what is and what is not being installed. The web site offers a very nice step-by-step install doc, and it's always better to know what is going in your box. Not to mention it requires tcl/tk -- that alone can be a nightmare.

My suggestion is, get the components, install them as stand-alone.

Cheers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts