Redhat Linux 7.2

• vivilinda_1633
  • Born
  • Born
  • vivilinda_1633

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok so im having a hell of a time installing this.
ok i installed it followed all the steps but when it says locahost login i put mu username nad then my password. but thats not the problem i want to go to start but when i type startx it says error. and also its all black like when you type cmd in run.
please help.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

why on earth would you install such an old version of the OS?
you should definitely download a newer distro, the most recent of those promoted by redhat being Fedora Core 5. http://www.fedoraproject.org
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

My turn:
hahahahahhaahhaahahahhahahhahahahaahaahaahahaha!

It's supposed to be "all black like when you type cmd in run". When you type "startx", it should say something more than just "error". Before anyone can help you, we would need to know what that error is exactly.

However, rather than spend days trying to get mediocer operation with a 5 year old operating system, you should do as Anarchy suggests and go get something newer. If you get Fedora Core 5, then follow These Installation Notes, you shouldn't have any problems. Also. the fact that 7.2 was called "Enigma" should also give you a hint about whether you should be using that or not (personally, I never liked 7.2 and stayed with 6.0 until 9 came out)
  • Vampire
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

this213 wrote:
Also. the fact that 7.2 was called "Enigma" should also give you a hint about whether you should be using that or not (personally, I never liked 7.2 and stayed with 6.0 until 9 came out)

hahahaha, well said!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts