Sabayon GRUB_

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

A few months ago my friend brought over a Sabayon CD to my house so we installed it on my PC. It has all been running smoothly for the entire time it has been installed untill last week.

I turned on my PC and my screen didn't go on. So I went through a helluva mission to find out what it was, I still don't know because after basically rebuilding my PC the screen turns on again.

Though now I have an issue where when I turn the PC on I can see the POST happenning and then all I get is a black screen with the text "GRUB_". And whatever buttons I press, nothing happens. What am I supposed to do with that? What is going wrong here?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

GRUB is the boot loader that's fairly standard (if anything in the Linux world can be considered such) for most flavors.

I don't know specifically about that install, though I know often to see the status of the load you need to hit a key sequence, such as ESC, F1, or some other combination.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I'll try that. I'm assuming that'll give me more information on where it is failing ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts