Screenshots of Redhat Linux

• dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loc: Dallas, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can someone please post me some screen shots of Redhat Linux 8.0? Does anyone know that Redhat has MS-DOS build in it?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Redhat has MS-DOS? If it does have MS-DOS how do you access it, and why would you want to access it?

Here are some screenshots of various Redhat Versions. I usually do not use Redhat for a desktop system though. I mainly use it for servers so everything I do is from the command line (console).

Click the link below to see some screenshots:

http://anyweb.kicks-ass.net/linux/images/8.0/
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really want Redhat now. They look pretty cool. Thanks Bigwebmaster. I want MS-DOS because i like to know my commands. Please read "MS-DOS". Thanks man. Bigwebmaster, I have a question for you but i'm not sure will do it. or should i ask you in PM? Will you upload Redhat 9 to your server? If i adward points to you then will you do it? Well them screen shots looks pretty cool.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can get redhat for free from http://www.redhat.com/

I will not make that download available from my servers. Sorry.

As far as MS-DOS, I am not even sure if its possible. I would never want to use that on a Linux system. Reason being is because the Linux commands are so much more useful than DOS could ever be. It would benefit you greatly to just learn the Linux commands.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks but i already have a link for Redhat Linux 9. It's right here.
ftp://ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu/pub/redha ... /iso/i386/
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go grab it then!
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can grab it faster then me. haha. You have cable and i have 56k. You can't grab Redhat in a few seconds with a 56k modem. I guess i have to be patience and wait.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

That makes no sense because you will still have to download it from me then, which would take you just as long. You would save no time at all.

Anyway as I said already. NO. Download it from one of those mirrors if you want it or go buy it in the store.
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

DS12, why dont you get broadband of some sort? make your life alittle more enjoyable? and easier for sure...
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have the money. I'm going to work in a different mode then windows. Is there anything else you would like to ask me??
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really love these screenshots. Every time i look at them and i want Redhat so bad now. The screenshots looks better then Windows XP. Does this link looks like it will give me any type of errors installing it? ftp://ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu/pub/redha ... /iso/i386/

If you think it will give me errors. I'm not going to bother it and i will stop the download. It's Redhat 9 i'm downloading. Redhat will allow me to do everything from command line? or can i do it as a desktop? Either one i want? I never used any Linux, Unix, Solaris and everything else. Thank You for posting them screenshots and thanks for helping me.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

The link looks fine. With linux you can go in 100% command line mode or you can go in graphical mode. Its up to you.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah you are right. When i tryed to play with Redhat 8.0. I seen text mode and graphical mode. Thanks Bigweb.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a website for you guys. It's on Redhat Linux and it might be useful. I hope you guys enjoy. http://docs.rinet.ru:8083/RedHatu/rhl02.htm#E67E2
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dig those widesreen shots a lot! very cool.

guitrspaz has a mac widescreen. I know he loves it, and I personally
love the dimensions myself. I may have to look into one myself -
widescreen that is.
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

dsantamassino12 wrote:
Here is a website for you guys. It's on Redhat Linux and it might be useful. I hope you guys enjoy. http://docs.rinet.ru:8083/RedHatu/rhl02.htm#E67E2

more on the beginner side of things but very useful none-the-less...

thanks DS12 :-)
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want step by step instructions on how to install Redhat Linux. Please look at this site

http://linux.about.com/library/beginner ... stalla.htm

If you guys want step by step instructions on how to dual boot with Windows XP and Redhat Linux. Please look at this site.

http://www.devhood.com/tutorials/tutori ... ial_id=405

I hope you guys find it useful. I downloaded Redhat 9 disc 1 and i test it out and i worked. I did that until it told me to insert disc 2. So i'm downloadin disc 2 and 3 right now.
  • guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
guitrspaz has a mac widescreen. I know he loves it
Yes, I love having the widescreen, it adds so much space, plus its great for watching movies...but mine's not as wide as those linux shots...that looks pretty cool :).
  • XenotronSolaar
  • Born
  • Born
  • XenotronSolaar

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you wan't the look of RedHat on a windows system. Get DesktopX from http://www.stardock.com/ ... you need to look around for a RH Desktop theme. Try http://www.deviantart.com/ or http://www.deskmod.com. Works just like windows, looks just like Redhat.
  • natebomb
  • natebomb

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey Bigwebmaster, where did you get or find that cool vertical monitering screen (that i cant see in detail in your picture) you posted, or anyone else who knows.

let me know bros

nate

Deep within man dwell those slumbering powers, powers that would astonish him, that he never dreamed of posessing, forces that would revolutionize his life if aroused and put into action...
  • aravind
  • Born
  • Born
  • aravind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

where can i get a transparent theme for redhat 9? Can someone post a few good websites for themes for RH9?

Thanks
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

natebomb wrote:
hey Bigwebmaster, where did you get or find that cool vertical monitering screen (that i cant see in detail in your picture) you posted, or anyone else who knows.

let me know bros

nate

Deep within man dwell those slumbering powers, powers that would astonish him, that he never dreamed of posessing, forces that would revolutionize his life if aroused and put into action...

Those were just screenshots I found on a website, if I am understanding correctly what you are asking. So I do not know what knid of monitor that is.
  • phAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Iñ§Idè yºúr mIñÐ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I CAN ONLY GO INTO COMMAND MODE, and i dont know any commands. thats not good now is it? :arrow: :evil:
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it's not too late to start learning some! This is a really great guide:
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/index.html
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

RTFM

(I always wanted to say that)

irc.freenode.com #redhat

is a good place to start as well.
  • phAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Iñ§Idè yºúr mIñÐ

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's my Linux screenshot :)

I've got a few Linux boxes here in the house. The only things hooked up to them are power & network (one has a webcam too). No monitors, no keyboards, no mice, if I need to use them, I do it on SSH over the LAN/Internet (I've got 3 IP addresses on my CableModem, so one of the Linux boxes does have true internet access - I use that as my test box to show work to clients. The other 2 IPs are for this PC, and my girlfriend's PC. Yeah I know, "get a router", too much hassle, "setup a Linux box firewall with IP Masq/Fowarding", again too much hassle. We both need full 2-way access to the internet, so does the Linux box). :)

The PC from which I access them all is actually running Windows 2000 Professional. Probably the only half-decent OS that Micro$oft ever wrote, once you disable a few things.

I like to play the occasional game, watch movies, etc. I also like having a 6400x1200 desktop (yeah baby, 4x 19" monitors running off two vid cards - and TV output, twice, once on each card), so that's why I've got Win2K up on this machine.
  • quic0ne
  • Born
  • Born
  • quic0ne

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/9/en/iso/i386/ on that site it has alot of downloads, what ones do i download? and do i need to know how to prgram linux or read text or whatever cause some guy told me he rewrote his linux and it is highly modified and he used text commands but i want it as a GUI (graphical User Interface) like windows... please help
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

download the three discs that have the "i386" in them. Then burn the images to a cd, reboot with disc one in and start installing.

You can avoid the text based side of linux fairly well, with a few quick commands here and there. It isn't that bad, try it!
  • David
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • David

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use Redhat Linux 9 on my old HP Pavilion, I also use XP on it aswell, it took me ages to get hang of the partitions to sort them so i can install 2 OS's on one PC, So i use XP when i feel like it aswell... Microsofts brang out something now Remote something but it looks good, I recommend Linux to the PC lover, quite hard at first but you'll get the hang of it...

Enjoy Linux, it rules!!

David.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 31 posts