Sendmail issues with Hotmail

• renegadeoffunk
  • renegadeoffunk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I have close to 80,000 members on the site and I need to send daily emails to them which they registered for. The problem is that for some odd reason using Sendmail I can't send emails to Hotmail account. If i send it to a sympatico email or any other email it goes through just fine. But for hotmails, it times out trying to connect to mx1.hotmail.com-mx5.hotmail.com

Is there any way I can configure Sendmail to fix this issue? BTW i use a windows based mass emailer.

Thanks you
  • SJP
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Washington, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just tested sending to Hotmail from my website which runs under Linux and it got sent. Of course the email message wound up in the junk mail folder. My application uses sendmail. Do you have a static IP? Some mail providers like AOL.com restrain IPs that have been used to send spam and if yours is not fixed the one you got this time may have been misused prior.

SJP
  • renegadeoffunk
  • renegadeoffunk

Post 3+ Months Ago

i actually have a static IP... I have a dedicated server assigned just to being a mail server. can u post your sendmail.mc so i can see if my settings are similar to urs?
  • SJP
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Washington, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never had to muck with the sendmail configuration so as far as I know it is standard. Maybe you should ask this question under the windoze forum since that is the platform you are using. Perhaps you have. I didn't check.

SJP

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts