setting up sendmail

• ozzyosb100
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm running a website with apache and using phpBB. i am getting a php error in emailer.php what do I do to enable mailing? I installed sendmail but i have no clue if it is running nor how to configure it or even if i need to I'm somewhat a newbie to linux. I searched the docs on sendmail but I dont uinderstand them I need simple step by step instructions if anyone has the time to explain things to me.

thanks
-ozz
  • ozzyosb100
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

an update: I was reading more online documentation and readme files and almost all of the directoreis and files they mention dont exist on my system. (I did run ./Build and it did create a bunch of files) But when it comes to the config there is no /etc/mail and theres a m4 (i dont know what this is) then theres something about building config files which i cant seem to do. I'm thoroughly confused :? :x
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sendmail is incredibly cryptic and I am not sure anyone could provide you with an "easy step by step".

If you really want to learn sendmail, I suggest Sendmail, 3rd edition from O'Reilly.
http://www.bookpool.com/sm/1565928393

Of course, you will need to install it, if it is not already. ;)

Cheers.
  • ozzyosb100
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

is there another program that will work with PHP's mail function? maybe turn my box into a mail server and use the smtp server option in php.ini?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts