ih all have problem in my hp sever its beep countiasly idont know wat to do
so please help me out
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

what...?

could you be more descriptive and clear please?
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it actually running? If so, it's overheated - put more fans in/on it.

If it's not running, you have a serious problem with either the memory or the processor. Feel each stick of RAM, if it's extremely hot (you could actually cook an egg on it), it's bad. If none of them feel very hot, pull the processor and check the pins and socket slots for burn marks or FOD (foreign matter). If you find burn marks, get a new processor. If you find foreign matter, remove it and try again. If you don't see anything wrong, reseat the processor (properly) and try again. If the issue persists, replace the RAM (because it's cheaper than a processor) and try again. If the problem still persists, the only causes could be the processor and the board itself.
  • baddy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • baddy
  • Loc: east africa Tanzania

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi
all thnx for help but steal note give any signal to monitor have cheak every thing u told me to cheak but nothing any things shows up am too confuse of this mess .
hope i can here more support from u guys .
thnx :(
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

well if you've checked all of the above and still have no video, have you checked the video card? try getting another video card and sticking it in and seeing if that fixes it. i doubt itd be your monitor, but thats another possibility...does the server make any sounds? such as beeps? and if so, how many?
  • baddy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • baddy

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah anarchy the sounds is coming from the sever is beeping all the time it dosent stop
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be inclined to agree with 123 on the memory front. I have heard of issues with keyboard causing HP's to beep non-stop as well. It's a lot more rare, but free to attempt. :) Usually just removing it, solves the issue ... though I would not hold my breath; I think you are better off just replacing the memory.

You could of course, remove all but one stick of the memory, and see if it boots at all. If not, replace the one stick with another that you had previously removed. It's unlikely that EVERY memory stick went haywire, though it has happened.

If you have some memory lying around in another server you can extract a stick and place it in the malfunctioning one as well. The point being to try and discern a known good quantity into the unknown state.

Best of luck.
  • baddy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • baddy

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi all thnx i make it i changed the memory and now no more non-stop beep
thnx

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts