SuSe 9.1 nVidia Graphics Driver & YOU

• Xel02
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Xel02

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I can't seem to find the nVidia Graphics Drivers in YOU (Yast Online Update).

The SuSe site says that's the best way to install it without having to mess around with the kernel, and I really don't feel like doing that. But whenever I try using YOU I can't find a single sign of the package.

I don't think it's the mirror because I tried a different one to the same result, so I have no idea. I'd really like 3D acceleration on this computer.

Does anyone know or have experience with installing the package on SuSe? And if so how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• horkam
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Central, KY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I am running SuSe on my dell notebook which has a GeForce 2 video card. I had a little difficulty with this myself, and after a little searching I came upon the following url ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/X/XFree86/nvidia-installer-HOWTO

I found the link from NVIDIA's site when I tried to manually download the driver. Follow the instructions and you should be able to get your acceleration up and running. It made quite a difference on my laptop. I will check back here later to see how you have done.
  • Xel02
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Xel02

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for you reply.

I managed to find the driver in YOU after I reformatted. But thanks for your reply.
  • mathay
  • Born
  • Born
  • mathay
  • Loc: Co. Kerry, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

XEL02:
Hi, I've been trying to do the same as you. Where did you find the Nvidia on YOU ?
And, does it work o.K.
mathay
  • Xel02
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Xel02

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you go to YOU. There should be an option to view ALL PATCHES. You must select this before you can see YOU. I don't believe it's listed under Installable Patches for some odd reason.

If that still does not work for you, you can always install the Nvidia drivers yourself but you will need the kernel-sources. The NVIDIA site has a good Readme on that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts