Suse 9.3 Pro + Wireless card.

• Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, last night I moved over to Suse 9.3 pro on my laptop. Everything seems to be working ok except for my wireless card. I didnt expect it to work though so I wasn't dissapointed.

Im going to try ndiswrapper now. I have already tried driver loader but for the life of me I cant find the .sys files its requireing. I have a NWH1022 wireless card.

My questions are:
1. Can anyone get me all the files in the .exe or perhaps inform me how to get them out.
------> I have tried installing them and finding them but I'm not finding the .sys files its needing.
2. Is there a known card that works "out of the box" on Suse 9.3 pro?

I will have more I'm sure. So far I love it.... but I kinda need my wireless card =)

Thanks for any help provided!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tom Beers
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Tom Beers
  • Loc: Telford, Shropshire, England.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wireless is hell to setup on a linux system, I am having the same problem on my Ubuntu system...

Linux doesn't accept .exe files. The way to install a device requiring drivers is to find the drivers on the disc that came with it, the files are .inf, once found go to the terminal cd to the directory where the drivers are located, and type 'ndiswrapper driverfile.inf' (without the quotation marks).

Note: After a bit of googling I found that your card only comes with a .exe installer, meaning it is Windows only :(, sorry.
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know windows doesnt use exe files. But i need a .sys file the the exe would install on windows in order to use driverloader. I cant seem to find the .sys folder so I was wondering if someone knew how to extract the files in the .exe.
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Enjoi_Panda_Man
  • Loc: TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

download wine. after that open the terminal and type "wine nameoffile.exe" of course make sure your in the directory its in and have it install wherever you want perferavly in your home folder for instant access. you should be able to find the driver if you use ndiswrapper your gonna need the inf file. go to my how to on setting up wireless card.

http://www.ozzu.com/unix-linux-forum/for-those-asking-what-the-best-version-linux-t58663.html

ignore the apt-get and apt-cache commands cause suse doesnt have that so your gonna have to google and download any of the files i mention. hopefully my how to can help you in some way. good luck.

oh and one more thing the file to modify for making wlan0 primary might be different along with the file to make ndiswrapper be loaded on boot. could be the same file in a different folder or a different file all together (wouldnt know never used suse) but give it a shot.

if you need me to clarify anything just ask away.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts