There is something major with the terminal

• dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loc: Dallas, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm haveing some major problems with the terminal in Redhat. When i tryed to type this command in to change DOS to say Windows and try to set it for 30 seconds. su. my password. This is the command. vi/boot/grub/grub.conf. no such file or directory. Come man, What's up with that?? It seems like what ever i type in i get no such file. I know i typed it right. First place i'm going to post it is here. I got two other places to post it. Does anyone know what the proble is with my terminal? Hey listen to this. In the terminal window. I typed fdisk. Bad command or something like that. There is something wrong. I don't know Redhat but i can tell you there is something wrong. Anyone can help. Please reply back here. Thanks guys. I'm on my way to post in different places.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Redhat is not windows. The command prompt in redhat is not DOS. They are not related and are completely different.

If you want to use fdisk try typing:

/sbin/fdisk

if you want to use vi its not:

vi/boot/grub/grub.conf

its:

vi /boot/grub/grub.conf

(notice the space)
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok if you ever notice when you set up a dual with Windows XP and Redhat Linux. It does not say Windows and Redhat. It says DOS and Redhat. I don't even have DOS on my computer. I'm going to change it to say Windows not DOS.
  • guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm...sounds like its not worth it, whats the point? aesthetics? that boot screen only stays up for 15 seconds anyway. it doesn't need to say windows in the boot selection for the computer to boot in windows. if you select DOS, it will boot windows.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just for right now. I give up trying to fight with Redhat... between mounting this and that and compile drivers... Trying to change things in the terminal. and everything else. My mind is so confused. I'm going to find some free tutorials. I just bought a book called Linux for Dummies.. That because i had no clue what i was getting into. If anyone wants they can give me a hand with a couple of BEGINNERS tutorials not ADVANCED on compile mount and so on. I'm not going to contiue because i don't want to get off topic. Thanks guys. I'm going to find a way out of this mess.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

try loading windows from scratch and deleting linux altogether. that
would be a great start! ;)
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

no i really don't think that would not be a great start. So far these are the postes i'm using. http://www.ozzu.com
http://www.ozoneasylum.com
http://www.linuxquestions.org
http://www.computing.net

I really need help so i decided to grab myself a couple of places so i can post. I hope you guys understand that i'm a slow learner. I should say i'm really slow. I'm not going to delete out Linux. I'm keeping on my computer so i can do some hard and advacne work. I'm not going to continue on this post. or unless i have some problems.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts