Ubuntu Formatting Help?

• Philosophical_Phail
  • Born
  • Born
  • Philosophical_Phail

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, so I am on my laptop and am trying to be rid of Ubuntu, for it has been a hassle to me from the start. I know, pretty sad that I go to Windows from an amazing thing like Linux's Ubuntu. It's irrelevant though, so don't bring it up please. ;)

I understand how to Format from most systems, but when it comes to Ubuntu, for some reason it does not work.

I pop in my Windows XP disk, and it works like normal. Then it brings me to the screen that shows me both partitions, and, under most peoples advice, I go to delete them both and create my own.

It then proceeds to tell me that Access is Denied, and that I need the Ubuntu Disk to continue.
I don't have the Ubuntu disk! D:

So, is there a way to hack into this thing so I don't need the Ubuntu Disk to install Windows?

I swear, it knows I am trying to get rid of it, and its being stubborn as ever! D:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't call Ubuntu amazing. I have it on an old desktop just to play with it.

In any event, gparted, which is a free download or an old boot disk with Fdisk on it would probably get rid of the partition.
  • Philosophical_Phail
  • Born
  • Born
  • Philosophical_Phail

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. In about 21 minuets I will tell you if it was successful or not :D
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

And if you're just looking to low level format a drive, I like a boot disk called "Derrik's Boot and Nuke". It will wipe it clear or will do random data passes on it. I use this program when I am retiring old computers and sending them to the public auction and do several passes with random data.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a long 21 minutes. I think he meant 21 days.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe it was successful, and now that he is formatted he can't get onto the internet any more.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts