Ubuntu 8.04 Install Macromedia 8 authoring environments

• devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to install my old Macromedia Deamweaver/Flash/Fireworks package on my ubuntu machine.

I installed wine without knowing ubuntu hardy came with the package. Instead I used the link at wineHQ homepage for ubuntu users. It went smooth nonetheless.

I then installed each program by using nautilus and opening my cdrom drive and opened the .exe files with wine installer.

I got each program installed with no errors, but I can't seem to find the programs.

In my directory .wine/C Drive/Program Files

I have a macromedia folder but only fireworks got installed. However, when I go to applications->wine->programs

I only see the readme file for fireworks. I can launch fireworks by going into the .wine directory and running exe file in the macromedia folder. Dreamweaver and Flash are nowhere to be found.

Also,
when installation was complete, I launched Dreamweaver before closing the wizard and it popped up (i didn't launch flash right away but i'm sure it's the same) so I know it's installed somewhere.

I've searched my whole filesystem for anything but can't find anyway to launch the programs or find the directory flash and dreamweaver got installed to.

I'm honestly ready to just uninstall and startover but I can't find the program to uninstall.

Any ideas?

Last note-
I saw one tutorial saying I should install wine and then just copy over a working flash directory that's installed on a windows system over to the wine directory on the linux machine. Any thoughts?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

do a sudo updatedb and then when it's finished,
locate -i dreamweaver.exe
that should find it for you, if it is in fact installed. however, i find it extremely peculiar that its not in the .wine folder. i've never had wine install something that did NOT go in that folder.
copying over an installation from windows would probably work. if the interweb suggest it, it's likely that it'll work just fine. the only problem that may cause with some programs would be registration and settings which are stored in the registry wouldn't transfer over. so if program x stores the registration in the registry (i dont know if macromedia did), you would likely have to re-register the program.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts