WebCam on Ubuntu

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a webcam and I want it to work on Ubuntu because my dad uses the Skype to call his friends and without the webcam, we don't get the microphone because none of the jacks except the mic we got. Anyway, its also for the video call so...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• AdamC
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

What brand is your webcam? It might have native drivers for it in Linux which would help you towards getting your webcam running.
  • Eggbertx
  • Loc: Spokane, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not using ubuntu, but I had this problem when I did. Has anyone else had issues with the webcam image being upside-down?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have it upside down... as of late, the webcame shows the picture and everything, but Ubuntu isn't picking up the mike... It's a Microsoft Cam ... don't remember the version number and it's 2:30 am so I don't feel like getting off my chair and going to a different room to check it.

optiplex wrote:
you will provide us you webcam model no and your system,

Sir, yes Sir!!!
  • AdamC
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
I don't have it upside down... as of late, the webcame shows the picture and everything, but Ubuntu isn't picking up the mike... It's a Microsoft Cam ... don't remember the version number and it's 2:30 am so I don't feel like getting off my chair and going to a different room to check it.

optiplex wrote:
you will provide us you webcam model no and your system,

Sir, yes Sir!!!

If you can find out who made the hardware for your web cam, then you can check the hardware compatibility list at the home page for Ubuntu and see if there are drivers for it. You could probably get them through Synaptic (or if you prefer the command line apt-get).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts