Website on Linux Centos 6.0 with ISPConfig 3.0.4

• rewards
  • Born
  • Born
  • rewards

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all,

I have a linux box Centos 6.0. It has been configured to have ISPConfig 3 installed. Now I want to install my website script on the system but I don't know which folder should I use to upload the script? Before ISPConfig 3, I used to upload the script to /var/www/html and I used to configure httpd.conf and would put the info like this at the end of the httpd.conf;

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
ServerName example
</VirtualHost>

After that I would open a browser and put IP address for example 192.168.0.101/install and start to install the script, but with ISConfig I cannot do this way. Does anyone know? Thank you all

:?:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not familiar with ISPConfig 3, but it appears to be a hosting control panel. It sounds like the way you ran your websites before was without any sort of control panel so you just used the default directory of /var/www/html for Apache to put all of your files, and that just worked. Correct?

Since you are now using a hosting control panel, what I would imagine you would do first is setup a website in your control panel. Have you tried logging into the control panel yet for ISPConfig? I took a quick look in the docs for that system, and I believe you would goto Sites and then add a new domain there. I am thinking there may be more options there that let you choose where websites are stored, but with other hosting control panels typically a website would be located in the home directory under the username you put the site under. So for instance something like:

/home/someuser/somedomain.com/public_html

Or something along those lines. It could be as simple as:

/home/someuser/public_html
or
/home/someuser/www

Or numerous other possibilities, I am not sure exactly, but maybe looking in the home directory will be a good start for you. Let us know what you figure out.
  • rewards
  • Born
  • Born
  • rewards

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Thank you for your response.

When I logged in to the ISPConfig under the page site, option there are some options such as Linux user, Linux Group client0
Apache AllowOverride and One of them is PHP open_basedir and the path,
is;

/var/www/clients/client0/web4/web:/var/www/clients/client0/web4/tmp:/var/www/example/web:/srv/www/example/web:/usr/share/php5:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

On your server have you tried putting anything in this directory:

/var/www/clients/client0/web4/web

That looks to me like it could be a location for your user you have setup (ie client0's public web folder).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts