Wine and installing w32 apps

• gopher
  • gopher
  • Loc: Atlanta

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have recently downloaded and compiled wine from there site. Everything went great no problems until i went to install internet explore. If i do a typical install for IE it locks up once it reaches 44% If i do a customer install and uncheck all but the IE software to load then it get to 79% sometimes 82% then stalls out or locks again.

I thought ok well no big. So just for the hell of it i tried aim from aol's site and tried wsftp and it does the same thing.

What i was wanting to know is this.......Has anybody else ever had or heard of this happening before and if so what could be causing it to happen

Any feed back would be great thanx....,
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nego
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

WIne is the single handedly most annoying linux program to date imo. So unreliable, I got alot of programs working on it and none of them can run longer than about 10 minutes. I get kazaa lite (yes, there is a way to install it using wine, but it aint pretty) and I have to pray my dl finishes before a crash. Im trying to get a working version of wineX (or whatever the newer version is called) off bittorent, but so far I've come across junk.

//btw, use kopete instead of aim, just as good but u can use like 8 messangers at the same time
  • tetu
  • tetu

Post 3+ Months Ago

well you better forget wine till now and pray that they will invent something better beacuse wine always gave me problems when coming to win32 appz.

Cheers

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts