WinXP & Lunix install

• akha666
  • Born
  • Born
  • akha666
  • Loc: Egypt

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D Hello everyone
I have WinXP Pro with HardDisk space 80 GB how can I install Lunix with WinXP without uninstall WinXP . I heared about Operating System (WinXP & Lunix) and how to make booting between this Operating System when I start My PC to make choice for WinXp or Lunix
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• hacpro
  • Born
  • Born
  • hacpro
  • Loc: somewhere in swizz

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok.... man....the best way is to make a partition.... halve the hd....there are so many ways to install lunix....you never heard about partition tools? then look first for somthing like that....its the easiest way i think....
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uhm.

Isn't LUnix the alternate *nix OS written for old C64 and C128 machines? Did you perchance mean , Linux?

If so, using something like partition magic to allocate the drive space, then perform an install of Linux, FreeBSD, etc. Each comes with a boot manager which should attempt installation.

Each Linux is slightly different, so YMMV; I would get some documentation on the particular flavor you intend to install, and how that is most easily accomplished in that sort of environment.
The individual distribution websites should contain that data... or a quick google search should suffice.

Cheers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts