Yoper O.o

• Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im thinking of getting Yoper! http://www.yoper.com/

(some screens http://www.yoper.com/screenshots.html ) what do you think about it..?

Im thinking of having it dual boot..
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks really promising I must admit. It's just gonna have to do more to convince me to stop using Gentoo. The automated install looks good though, and if it can get decent performance without losing stability, AND without needing the attention Gentoo needs, good luck to them.

Let us know how you get on with it foxy.
  • shevegen
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • shevegen

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am quite settled at Linux.
The Linux I want doesnt exist but it would be a layered version of rubyx and Gobolinux combined with some easier PHP Management. Package system like debian has.
EDIT: I mean "flavour" of Linux, not the kernel. Though i believe, you'd even have to hack the kernel a bit to make it perfectly suited to your taste, in the long run... like 10 years run hehehe

I like Gentoo's philosophy but my first compilation ended up with some compilation errors, plus i am too lazy to type in the commands - i want a GUI, or i want it completely script based in a simple text file. I know several using Gentoo, right now i am using debian though and am gonna stick to it. :)

In the past i tried out several linuxes, never tried Yoper but i recommend you to test, test and TEST. I used to have SuSE but disliked it, so i switched.
On my old laptop i switch from DSL to Feather linux, and on an older machine i am running slackware - works fine there too.
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

shevegen wrote:
I like Gentoo's philosophy but my first compilation ended up with some compilation errors, plus i am too lazy to type in the commands - i want a GUI, or i want it completely script based in a simple text file. I know several using Gentoo, right now i am using debian though and am gonna stick to it. :)

Yeah getting Gentoo working does take a bit of effort at first, dispite what they say. Of course, now that I've got the hang of it I think it's great, it's just you've got to decide if it's worth making the effort with.

Also, it's a great learning method.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts