Zentyal Server Keyboard Acting Funny

• devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a small machine I put the old ebox on (now Zentyal). I used a ps/2 mouse and keyboard to install and configure the linux install. I then wanted to swap the machine over to my KVM switch which has a single usb for mouse and keyboard. So, I shutdown the ebox, swap the hardware and reboot the system. Well, that KVM keyboard and mouse didn't work. I decided to just go back to the ps/2 keyboard and mouse and now they won't work. The system boots to the login prompt but then on the keyboard caps lock and scroll lock just blink. I've restarted several times.

Any suggestions on what to try?
  • devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I changed the boot order to boot straight to the HD. I changed it back to the way it was and it fixed it. I was obviously just booting to a wrong device and needed set to the way I had it originally. Whew.
  • devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's back. I was able to log all the way in but then nothing once I was at my desktop.

On another try, I was able to submit the username at login and then when I started typing some text for the pass the keyboard gave out.

Keyboard works fine in bios and post. How do I troubleshoot this for linux?
  • devilwood
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

This must be a mobo issue, but USB legacy support is enabled. I'm actually just going to get a male-male PS/2 keyboard/mouse cable and not use the usb that's attached to the video. I have another computer running zentyal and no problems with it.

I don't know what else to look in the BIOS that could correct the problem.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts