Accessibility Analysis , Why we all fail ?

• benevolent001
  • benevolent001

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Friends

A very Good morning to you. I hope you are doing well and enjoying each moment of your life.

I need your help in research i am doing on Accessibility Problems faced by disabled people around the world and webmasters concerns for implementing accessibility over websites

About 97% of websites fail to meet the most basic requirements for accessibility.

Global Statistics suggest that:

* Worldwide, between 600 - 750 million people have a disability
* 3 out of every 10 families are touched by a disability

We are trying to find out why even after so may years of accessibility guidelines by W3C we are still not able to implement them in our websites.

I shall be thankful to you if you can spare 5 min of yours and complete this survey for webmasters around the world.

Accessibility Survey

I shall be happy to give accessibility analysis report for your website as token of thanks for completing this short 3-5 min survey.

I thank you from core of my heart for sparing up your time in reading this long message.

With Best Wishes for you and your family

And I request to moderators , if it seems fine to you and if is within forum guidelines can we make this thread sticky ?

Thank You
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
And I request to moderators , if it seems fine to you and if is within forum guidelines can we make this thread sticky ?

How would having this thread as a sticky benefit members of Ozzu ?
  • benevolent001
  • benevolent001

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Quote:

How would having this thread as a sticky benefit members of Ozzu ?

The research being carried out will be helpful not only to webmasters but also the disabled people around the world.

Web plays an important role and offers significant benefits for people with disabilities. It becomes utmost priority of ours to make web easy for them to use, as they can do their day to day work with much easy online rather then moving out. We as a blessed humans having no disability must understand this as our duty and work towards web a better place for people with disability.

IF you feel its somewhat not in accordance with Ozzu guidelines , i respect those guidelines .

Thanks for your time.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah but where does the benefit for Ozzu members of making this sticky come in ?

Do they get a copy of the results from this survey or something ?
  • benevolent001
  • benevolent001

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Yeah but where does the benefit for Ozzu members of making this sticky come in ?

Do they get a copy of the results from this survey or something ?

Hello , Thanks for your reply

Yes results will be shown to all the members as soon as we complete the process , it shall take few weeks to make final compilation with this.
  • benevolent001
  • benevolent001

Post 3+ Months Ago

One of the webmaster who participated in the survey gave us feedback , asking motive of the survey.

This work is being done as part of university research on Accessibility

What we are trying to find out from this.

* Webmasters point of view of accessibility problem. Why webmasters are not able to take up and implement accessibility guidelines in all of their work.
* What problems they are facing in implementing those guidelines?
* Does tough project timeline and money put constraints for implementing accessibility?
* Is knowledge of webmasters related to accessibility bottleneck?
* Whose responsibility does they feel in implementing Accessibility ? Are they just trying to pass the ball?

I hope at the end of this process we shall be able to have answers to some of these questions.

Incase you haven't participated in the survey yet. Please spare 3-5 min of yours.

Accessibility Survey

Thanks for your time . Your comments and suggestions are heartily welcome.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What university is conducting this and what is your relationship to that university?
  • benevolent001
  • benevolent001

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
What university is conducting this and what is your relationship to that university?

Hi , Thanks for your reply , The work is being done at a Indian university (GNDU) , i am assisting my professor as a student in Department of Computer Science
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For those interested, you can view more info at his blog http://accessibility-study.blogspot.com/ although much of it was already posted here.
  • benevolent001
  • benevolent001

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

Thanks to all of those who have participated in the survey till now. I would specially like to mention we have been getting great response from users of this website. Thank to you all and Moderators over Ozzu Forums

We are looking for some more webmasters to take part in the process , please spare your 3-5 min and share your views regarding accessibility with us. We shall be happy to hear from your side.

If you haven't taken part in this short survey please spare 3-5 min of yours and just complete it.

Accessibility Survey

The results of the findings will be shared with all of you very soon as soon as we complete the process.

Also Please consider putting link in your signatures/blogs/websites for this survey so that we may get some wider participation from your friends around the world.

You can give your feedback , comments , suggestions directly to us at our blog created for this research.

Accessibility Research

Thanks once again and have a nice day
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, persistent if nothing else
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

What confuses me is why he said he's in India doing research for an Indian University, yet posting from a southern California, ISP.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been wondering why a CS student would need to use something like questionpro for such a simple format. Also, why would the blogspot site (again, third party) contain little to no information identifying the University and the legitimacy behind the effort?
  • benevolent001
  • benevolent001

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
What confuses me is why he said he's in India doing research for an Indian University, yet posting from a southern California, ISP.

Hello ATNO/TW

How are you doing? I hope enjoying fully with grace of God.

I am in university campus and at times i have to use proxy software as many websites are blocked in by university authorities. I guess this don't happens out in your part of world in academic campuses.Please if you want to verify i can provide our University contact details for verification. This shouldn't create any doubt in your (or anyone else) mind for sincerity or authenticity in this work.

Thanks for your message , have a nice day
  • benevolent001
  • benevolent001

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
I have been wondering why a CS student would need to use something like questionpro for such a simple format. Also, why would the blogspot site (again, third party) contain little to no information identifying the University and the legitimacy behind the effort?

Hello Professor UPSGuy

Thanks for your message . I am not sure how i should i prove so that it seem authentic , may be university contact details verification will do along with my Professor Guide details for cross verification. I shall update that very soon (DONE here is link)). As far as using free resources are concerned , here things are not same as in your part of World . Work is not sponsored in any way by authorities although i will take your point and will buy some domain etc very soon. Making such plug and play use by CS grad seems unfair but i am too much occupied by other part of work related to Accessibility that i had no time for doing it myself. This survey is one of the 4 parallel working domains , other being development of Accessibility metrics , identification of problems faced by disabled people on ground.

My total focus at present and for next few weeks is success of this survey with wider participation from Webmasters all over this World.

Although i apologize if it seems unprofessional in any respect , but i am trying to work hard giving my sincerest of the sincere effort. I thank you for taking up your time in writing and raising the point, i am looking forward for your comments and suggestions in the future too.With cooperation of all we be we shall be able to contribute positively in making life easier for people with disability.

With Best Wishes
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for clarifying and best of success to you

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts