Adding images to XML?

• CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Santa Barbara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey.

I have an xml file with a resume and it's being read in by my flash file. I don't know much about XML... what do i have to do to have images in the resume:

for instance i want each company logo next to the corresponding job in the resume.
I have the logos ready the size i want them but i don't know wat the code is to put in the xml...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's going to depend on how you get the SWF to display the images.

The easiest way is probably going to be including the filename in the XML file & having the SWF load the file into a BitmapData object & attaching that BitmapData to a MovieClip.

Something else you might be able to experiment with is base64 encoding images into a CDATA section of the XML file & decoding that base64 data into bytecode & creating a bitmap object with the data in the SWF. I've never tried it & I'm not entirely sure it's even possible. I know Flash has a BitmapData class & a class which works with Bytecode now as well.
  • briteguy1227
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • briteguy1227
  • Loc: Seattle, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say you just include the image links in the xml file. Since images tend to be big file size, so, putting that into your xml file is not a good idea to begin with.
  • mikemax
  • Born
  • Born
  • mikemax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whats up everybody, im really new when it come to get the understanding of using xml through actionscript and my problem seems really simple but im having some difficulty. If anybody can help me i would really appreciate it. Im trying to add images through xml and then put it through actionscript but i have no idea how to do that. If anybody knows how to do that, i would really appreciate it. Thanks!
  • mikemax
  • Born
  • Born
  • mikemax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everybody, i have no knowledge when it comes to adding an image through xml and then making it link to another site and on top of that making it appear in flash through actionscript. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts