adding login/logout

• D2 Traders
  • D2 Traders

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found a great host for free but they only let me use html so i was just wondering if you can add a login/logout on a website using html. If so i could someone tell me the code? thanks a lot.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• alpha5th
  • alpha5th
  • Loc: Denmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think it can be done in pure HTML.

You can do it in javascript, allthough this is not very secure at all, or you could use .htaccess/.htpasswd. Otherwise you'd need to use a language like perl, php etc.
  • D2 Traders
  • D2 Traders

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, i know this is a dumb question but a lot of people have told me about html not being secure. What do they mean by that?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's actually the javascript that you would use for logon that would not be secure. Javascript is a clientside scripting language, meaning the server does nothing more with it than send it to the end-users computer to let them do all the processing. The problem with this is passwords can be "cracked" simply by looking within the pages source code, which i guess alot of people know and thats why they ask how to hide thier source code. (which is 100% impossible) Even if you place the passwords in other files it is still easy to get it one way or another.
With server-side logons, a forms data is POSTed to a server page that no one will ever see.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts