Adding text in Dreamweaver destroys tables

• talkinggoat
  • Born
  • Born
  • talkinggoat

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have built my site, using Photoshop and Imageready with slices for the text. I want to use Dreamweaver to add the text into the site, but whenever I modify the tables to start typing, the entire site goes out of whack and all the other tables and slices get messed up. It's a fairly complex site, with lots of bullets and such.

I've tried searching for something to help me figure out how to fix this, but I'm not quite sure what to look for. Does anyone have any suggestions, tutorials or advise that could help?
  • talkinggoat
  • Born
  • Born
  • talkinggoat

Post 3+ Months Ago

I worked it out, but I had to do a lot of tweaking with the slices. I wish there was a better solution.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The best solution would be to create the HTML and CSS from scratch, then slice up the template into images manually for background images, etc.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
The best solution would be to create the HTML and CSS from scratch, then slice up the template into images manually for background images, etc.

I second that ...
  • thesquareone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thesquareone

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes for sure, you can do anything in css that you could do with tables and the best thing is you get to style your entire website from a small bit of code, none repeating useless code, it may be a fight to learn to start with if you havnt done it before but hey thats what forums are for and also there are so many tutorials out there, serioulsy when you start to learn css and understand it i dont think you'll be back to tables. :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I respect CSS... that's why I use them :D

Not only that but I feel powerful when I use them. I get a lot of things done in seconds. Add two lines of code to do something when I would be adding 6 lines of code in tables.

I would say that saves bandwidth too... doesn't it?

I would third spork's comment. That's the best way to do and probably the alternative you went for. Well, you might've used tables and all that jazz, but I prefer CSS and HTML.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts