Advice Wanted: New Splash Page Dimensions

• websquad66
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

In a few weeks 30 billboards will display a new URL in the local community (200,000 population). The URL will point to another site with all the real content, so this is just a splash page. The whole thing will be a graphic. Having said that, is there an optimum size I should use. Now that 17" CRT's are selling for $5/each on CraigsList, a lot of folks are getting 19" wide-screen LCD panels ... so, what should my target be. FYI, the splash page/graphic will have about 1/2 of the content in text, which will probably be 50-80 words (don't know yet).
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

well once that does show will you post the link here too please, some of us aren't going to be affected by it ... like me ...

And I think it really does depend who you are targeting ... if the people you are targeting are not that technologically advanced I would suggest still designing for 800x600 users so in that case your maximum width would be 760px; if you design for 1024x768 resolutions you can use 980px as your max width ... I wouldn't go bigger than that ...
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

25-30% of the population still has 800x600 resolution.
That said, your product may warrant a larger technologically enclined fanbase, so you may be able to get away with 1024x768+.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts