Any site ideas!

• dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i need a idea to create a website but im having trouble.
any ideas!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's like saying, "I'm looking for a car, but I don't
know what I want!"

can you be more specific? what type of site is it?
what is the name? do you have colors in mind?
  • Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

Generally, if you don't have an idea for a website, it's not worth making one. Create a website about yourself if you want.
  • winner
  • Born
  • Born
  • winner

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you like, make a site using the above domain.

If it makes $, we 50/50.

Deal? :D

Joe
  • lilcutie009
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about one containing anything you've made.. eg poems.. art work.. graphics.. wallpapers? Or one with pictures that you've taken.. giving people an insight into your life!
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Portugal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol i ask this question to myself all the time, i actually build a site, save it, and never again look at it, it just stays there, for future reference maybe :)
  • OriginNO
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: the Glass City (Hometown: the NO)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually I have many ideas but they require php scripting. do you know php?
  • Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO wrote:
Actually I have many ideas but they require php scripting. do you know php?

Just out of curiousity, what are your ideas?
  • Sohaib
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have some Ideas for you, if this is what you are looking for... :lol:

Get Personal . . . Tell the world who you are and what you think. You are the site's content. Go ahead and stroke your ego. It will be fun.
Create a Fan Site . . . Create a tribute to your favorite band, star or tv show. Your adulation site could prove once and for all that you are the ultimate fan.
Think Disease . . . Develop a site focused on your least favorite disease - or perhaps your favorite one! Seriously, with this kind of site you can really make a significant contribution to the web community.
Produce a Soap . . . This could be fun! Create some characters and then bring them to life with regularly updated episodes. Be sure to have a dashing boy like me named SohaibG! ( with an evil twin - a stockbroker - named UNFLUX who's plots to crash my server with help from my ex-wife, a brain surgeon named Bunny). You get the idea!
Document Some History . . . Share what you already know or share your research as it proceeds.
A Tribute to Your Ancestors . . . Develop your family tree online. Document what you know about your family history. This kind of project could even get you talking with your family! Your descendants will thankyou for your efforts and maybe even name their offspring after you!
Look to the Stars . . . Develop a horoscope page. If you don't know anything about horoscopes - don't worry, you can make up whatever you want! It will be fun.
Look to Your Childhood . . . Relate your family's funny stories or stories you heard growing up. If you don't document some of these now they could be lost forever. This could make a great family project.

Start a Zine . . . Publish your own online magazine. You can have complete control! You'll be Lord of Thy Zine.
Make Fun of Your Friends . . . You could publish candid pics of your friends or coworkers, complete with embarrassing or funny captions. It could be alot of fun. If you fear their retaliation, pre-empt it with a pinch of calculated flattery.
Sell Yourself . . . You could create an online resume. You can make a much stronger sales pitch online than you could ever do with a printed CV. Your site could clearly prove you are creative intelligent person with incredible (and valuable) abilities.
Share Your Knowledge

If those arent the kind of ideas you are looking for than you should put some details in your post...
:roll: Thanks
  • OriginNO
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: the Glass City (Hometown: the NO)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, what are your ideas?

Send me a pm.
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Portugal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Look to the Stars . . . Develop a horoscope page. If you don't know anything about horoscopes - don't worry, you can make up whatever you want! It will be fun.

lmao
  • Sohaib
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

horoscopes are always made up by people, fake stories to scare all innocent folks like me... :lol:
  • Thralis
  • Born
  • Born
  • Thralis
  • Loc: Washington State

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess a happy birthday is in order. But it isnt even July yet.
  • Sohaib
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thralis wrote:
I guess a happy birthday is in order. But it isnt even July yet.

? :wink:
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

im newish (lol) and i need some thing to make to improve my skills! open to any thing at all!
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Burnley U.K.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here are an idea i got whilst watching repeats of changing rooms and drinking cold cups of coffee ...

PaintDry.org -----> Where you are able to watch paint dry all day long! You can choose the colour of the paint , the type of paint (eg: gloss, emulsion etc) and even what surface has been painted!
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

dqualter wrote:
im newish (lol) and i need some thing to make to improve my skills! open to any thing at all!

You don;t need to make a site to build your skills. A proper site requires content and I guarantee you will get bogged down with content (which is often just words) rather than anything useful.

.'. I say for this situation, building an actual site would be more detrimental to your cause than anything else. So I say make bits of sites:

Want to work on graphics for a bit? Pick some colours, pick a style & a few key words to define the style and get drawing. You don't even need to slice the damn thing if you don't want to.

Practice your html/CSS: I'd say just do layout after layout after layout. Try to do the same thing with less code next time. Get everything as neat and clean as you can (also check for validation).

Scripting: Be it server-side or client side then define a few handy functions. Code them, streamline them, then make them reuseable. Make some of the common scripts you see everywhere.

You don't NEED to do any of this. But practice makes perfect and this is the way to get practice IMO.
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a formal education in programming. Alhtough, I had little training in web development. Very simple stuff. I got a job as a web developer based on my programming background. Exactly as RTM said above that's how they brought me up to speed.

It's taken me about 8 months, but I consider myself able to code at or above the level of my peers. I still have <u>much</u> to learn. But, I think RTM's path to enlightenment is right on.

Granted it took me 8 months, but you've got to realize I've worked in a corporate environment with some fairly complex issues to deal with in regards to how my pages have to be built.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

play any online games??? make a clan webpage if you know php its alot of fun to script the page so its like a community.... aka forum sort of but you make the whole thing

and rtm223 is talking something like this i think... i love doing it ^^
http://www.band-host.com/other/page.gif

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts