anyone recognize this font?

• allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: here

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a number of .gif and .jpg logos for a non profit group called Young Life (youth ministry group based in the States). I would like to make some of my own graphics for a local young life site i am working on and would like to maintain consistency in the design and appearance of logos and such, but i can't identify the font used for their logos. Do any of you recognize the font used in these images? You can view the images at http://www.nriyounglife.org/testimages.htm

Thanks for any help or ideas you might have!

mark
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• twiztit_momma
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: SanLeon Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

i found a great collection of fonts on ,
http://www.fontfoundry.com/index2.htm
they show what each looks like,i dont have that great of a eye to play the wich is same game lol
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the link! i looked through that site and didn't see it. it seems like a fairly "straight laced" font. does anyone know sites that offer more plain fonts versus some of the more stylized fonts?

mark
  • allgoodpeople
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i found it. it's called seagull, in case anyone is curious. after a short browse of the internet, i found that it is not a free font. luckily, i had an old corel draw disk with the font on it, so I was able to download it off the disk to my system

On a side note, how do they justify charging all this money for a font? Some sites wanted over $100 for the family of essentially 3 fonts. It's a font, for goodness sake. They come free with software all the time. Seems like most folks would be able to find something for free close enough to make purchasing a font not very justifiable.

mark
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are to use a font on a site that makes major money, it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

The reason for it is simply because it can be attributed to something recognizable. It's all by association, a normal block font won't stick in the minds of somebody as much as a fancy serif font will.

//moved to design.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts