Avoiding the popup blockers in IE

• sbandaru
  • sbandaru
  • Loc: Auckland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

I have an intranet application developed for the company I am working presently. The web application uses a lot of popup at every stage and due to the popup blocker inbuilt into the windows service pack 2 it is blocking all the popups. Most of the users of the system doesn't know how to remove the popup blocker thus I would like to use javascript to overcome this popup blockers. I have been trying to get around this with some examples over the net but in vain.

Is there any piece of code I can just paste it and everthing works fine.

Thanks,
Shankar. 8)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• NoamDesign
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NoamDesign
  • Loc: Israel

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont think you can overcome it... all the JS actions that open a page are blocked...
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

If javascript existed to overcome the popup blockers, don't you think the popup blockers would be updated to take that into account? :)
  • sbandaru
  • sbandaru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think about this, how come the bank sites are able to open popups even when the popup blockers are active. visit http://www.anz.co.nz , click the log on button keeping the popup blocker active.
  • monoheinz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

sbandaru wrote:
Think about this, how come the bank sites are able to open popups even when the popup blockers are active. visit http://www.anz.co.nz , click the log on button keeping the popup blocker active.

That works because it's not a real popup by definition. Popup blockers block unwanted popups that appear on entrance or exit of a page - not windows that are opened by clicking on a link. Provide this link, and your problem is probably solved.
  • sbandaru
  • sbandaru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes you are right, but the same thing i am trying to duplicate but doesn't work for me :?
  • monoheinz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

All their JavaScript is right there in the source code, so I guess it shouldn't be too hard to find out how they do it. I've never written a line of JavaScript myself though, so I can't help you there...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts