Background image disappear in PHP

• Madzmar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi im just a newbie when it comes to web programming i was planning in making my site to be dynamic... i used PHP5 and had downloaded wamp to be my server(apache to be exact)... while my site is running as a static web all the background image are loaded just fine... but when i try to move that file into the server (apache server) inside the www directory and when i try to run my file/script using dreamweaver with a site defined that problems appear... all the background image does not appear... but all other property of the div tag and other component are loaded perfectly except for the background image... i don't know what was the problem... i dont think the problem is in my css because when i try to run it without any server the file are loaded perfectly but when i try to integrate it using the server(apache) all background image disappear...

could you please give me an idea what went wrong... i can't seem to fix the problem...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like a source path resolution issue. I assume you're moving the folder containing the images with the .php file - or just moving the images if they're in the same folder. Look at the sources defined and see if they still make sense.
  • Madzmar

Post 3+ Months Ago

(I assume you're moving the folder containing the images with the .php file ) What do you mean by this?? i dont get it...are you suggesting that ill try to move the images into different folder for me to find out if the problem still persist?

With regards to the first post i just made, i want to emphasize that my sites background images disappear when i define a site in my script but without any site server the background images appears just find...
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

When the server is running and you view the site in a browser (pointed to localhost) do you have the same problem?
  • Madzmar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes thats my problem... when i run the server using localhost

e.g.
http://localhost/URProf/index.php
(assuming that my sites name is URProf)

the background image disappear... but when the server is off meaning im just running a simple file the image appear but since there is no server the php script is not loaded/read... can you please help me solve this problem... im really new in web developing specially creating dynamic website
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you're still stuck, try the following:

Open your static site in a browser, view source and post here the code between the <head> tags. Do the same for the dynamic site. Also post a part of the css file that mentions a background image.
  • Madzmar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm... I Tried to create a new Site using different computer today and it runs perfectly... the background images are loaded just fine but my question is why is it that it does not work in my own computer?? is it because of the wrong configuration in my php.ini??? im really confuse...zwirko instead of doing what you have suggested, i created a new site instead to see if the problem will still persist... but luckily it didn't have the same problem as my previous site... i dont really know what happen in my previous site... why is it that it won't load the images...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts