Bought a domain at GoDaddy.com

• alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

A few questions.. I just bought a domain http://www.manutdpk.com, its a website im trying to make about a Football(Soccer :P) club.. I paid around 8$ for the domain.

Anyway.. First off, How do i get rid of the banner of GoDaddy at the top of my website?
Secondly, Can i make the website using Frontpage and then upload it? I want to continue exactly from where i left off.. Im building the site using Website Tonight..
Thirdly, How do i get my website listed on search engines like google and msn etc etc.. Is there a cost?
Also, Apparently i can only add like 5 pages to my website at the moment.. How do i add more?
And lastly, how do i earn money using Google Adsense?

Im pretty new at this, this is my first time im creating a website.. So help me out here guys :lol:
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

alamode wrote:
Secondly, Can i make the website using Frontpage and then upload it?

Yeah...is the site that is already there yours? You probably cannot get rid of the banner since you are not paying for the hosting.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah i made it..

How much do i have to pay for hosting?
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

alamode wrote:
Yeah i made it..

How much do i have to pay for hosting?

I assume you signed up for free hosting there and paid to register a domain name. The domain is yours now so you could host it wherever you like; there is a little bit of a (no charge) process getting it transferred if you do not want to keep it at GoDaddy. Usually hosting services provide simple how-tos about all this stuff (transferring a domain name, uploading, etc). Looking at their web page, I see GoDaddy has an economy package for $4.99/month:

https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/shared.aspx
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh okey. Im new at this so i just thought i had to buy a domain and that was it.

Ok so if i buy this Economy Package for 4.99/month, Will it also give me unlimited pages to add on my website? Because currently i can only add 5.

And also any idea on how do i get traffic on my website?

Thanks for your help :)
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

alamode wrote:
And also any idea on how do i get traffic on my website?

No doubt everybody would like more answers to that question :roll:

Regarding the rest of the stuff, it is certainly info GoDaddy provides if you look around their site. I seem to remember a 10 gig limit mentioned, which will be quite a bit more than 5 pages, if a page is say only a few kb. I am sure that $5 will cover all the needs you have for the present.

But if you are doing this stuff you really will need to learn to deal with documentation, such as the documentation provided by your hosting service, so get to it dude.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now this might be a silly question :D i bought hosting for 3 months.

So now how do i make my website? They had a free program Website Tonight through which i created the website before, Now i've bought hosting and i cant see any way to create the website in my hosting account..

Am i supposed to make the website using Dreamweaver or front page to make the website and then upload it ?
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok im using Microsoft Expression Web to make the website and im having a really hard time..

Any ideas?

And also.. my border on top, When i resize it to what i want and preview it in IE it looks fine but in Firefox it is smaller and its cut in between.. How do i fix that
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

alamode wrote:
Am i supposed to make the website using Dreamweaver or front page to make the website and then upload it ?

Make it however you want and upload it. There *must* be directions somewhere on the GoDaddy site about how to upload there; probably you can do it very easily via the web.

Vis, your problems with "Expression Web"; understand that professional quality web pages are not done with a WYSIWYG editior. Not everybody is interested in learning web programming, but don't expect to "have your cake and eat it too", if you catch my drift. Your page will end up with minor, even insignificant little glitches and imperfections, etc, but I am sure it will be fine for your purposes. Just keep the limitations in mind, and if things are not coming out right, simplify.

If you are interested in web programming, you need to start by learning HTML.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okey thanks i uploaded the basic layout of the page..

have a look : http://www.manutdpk.com

I have a slight problem/glitch.. Have a look at the navigation buttons on the left, When i have my cursor over the caption of the button, I cant click on it.. But when i move my cursor more to the left, I can then click on the button and go to the other page. How do i fix this?

Also any advice on the layout?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts