Can I learn web design?

• ujwala11kulkarni
  • Born
  • Born
  • ujwala11kulkarni

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello I am ujwala

I like to learn Web designing But i don't have any basic knowledge
of any programming language.So it's possible that can i learn Web designing? Please give me a proper guidence
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anybody can learn web design, but it's like learning a foreign language - you have to be very dedicated and persistent.

You can start from W3Schools, which give excellent beginner-level tutorials in all main areas of web design and development, and once you understand those basics you can start exploring on your own - the internet is full of lessons, tutorials and tips on all aspects of web work.

The first thing to start with is HTML, which will allow you to create your first web page. When you have a grasp of HTML tags and have made a few test pages, start learning CSS and start connecting the two together, so that your pages are structurally built by HTML and visually styled by CSS.

If you get this far and are still interested, try a programming language like PHP that will allow you to make databases and give additional functionality to the back end of your sites.

It's a long road, and you will encounter many unfamiliar concepts, so if you could find an inexpensive web design course at a school in your vicinity, it would probably help you a lot in getting started.

Best of luck :)
  • ayelletkod
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ayelletkod

Post 3+ Months Ago

i also recommend
http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp
as a start. dont get panic from the hugh amount of information and possibilities there.
most important is - be consistent, dont go after every new information untill you know the basics.

good luck!
  • locust
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Austin, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was going to write out a bunch of suggestions for you, but after writing several paragraphs I figured the best advice I could give you is to take some classes at your local community college in web design and just start reading about web design on the internet.
  • Brilliantview
  • Brilliantview

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes W3schools.com is the best site because number of institutions teach their students by this site
  • Brilliantview
  • Brilliantview

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also learn from this site now i am doing job of web designing in Software house
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

ujwala11kulkarni wrote:
I like to learn Web designing But i don't have any basic knowledge of any programming language.

Simple answer is yes. Everyone had to start somewhere. However, its important to remember that there are two parts to building a website: the visual/conceptual and the production. A website is much like building a house in that an Architect or draftsman creates the general look and layout. Then its up to a general contractor to attach the beams to the roof, add doors, etc based on the original plan.

All of the posts above (and the w3c) only relate to the production side of building a site. The learning code if you will. In order to learn the other half of the process you need to study visual design. The same concepts that apply to print advertising, branding, fashion, furniture, painting, etc all apply to web design. So you'll want to learn about Line, Rhythm, Balance, Color, Contrast, Hierarchy, Typography and image making so you can create the "design" that you will later code. There are many places to get these concepts, but I would suggest going to your local book store to find books about drawing, photography, art, etc.
  • NightMage
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

ayelletkod wrote:
i also recommend
http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

Thanks! It's a very useful reference!
  • mehtaamit13
  • Born
  • Born
  • mehtaamit13

Post 3+ Months Ago

yaa sure you can learn web designing ..
  • rameshramaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, its everyone aim to learn about website creation and i personaly found this would help you out.

This software better then any other on the planet.

check out -this will blow your mind.
  • interactiveonline
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Tampa, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you want to learn web design a must read book is "Don't Make Me Think" at http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Me-Thin ... 0321344758
  • theBruney
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Folks can learn anything they set their minds to. So without basic programming knowledge, of course you may. We all must start somewhere. Anyhow, if you are just looking to create XHTML code, but little intervention in the graphic design of it, then you should be just fine with resources like w3schools.com. However, if you want a handle on every aspect of web designing, creating the graphics and so on, I suggest you consider resources like:

http://bestcssdesigns.com/
http://www.mezzoblue.com/zengarden/alldesigns/

Pick up a graphic designing software, I use Photoshop. It costs a pretty penny, but unless you want to go all out with the latest PS filters, for web template designing you don't need the most current version. Version 7 works just fine. There are other free graphic designing tools, I'm not sure which ones are good, but here you'll find a good list:

http://createsk8.com/2008/free-graphic- ... lications/

Good luck! :D
  • IcyDragoon
  • Student
  • Student
  • IcyDragoon

Post 3+ Months Ago

might also take your time looking into http://www.tizag.com/

I started myself there.....
  • reyz_rj
  • Born
  • Born
  • reyz_rj

Post 3+ Months Ago

all of us can learn Web designing, i also practicing web design...
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you can you might want to get your hands on the for dummies books on web design I did and I learnt it all myself from them!
look on the webs site here www.dummies.com (You can probley get them for free if you don;t mind braking the law but ya did'n here it from me!) :Fade-color
  • vividwebgraphics
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vividwebgraphics
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

first thing first.... you Need to have good creativity..
Next step get aware of all the tools which are need for web designing..

like ..
*Photoshop
*flash
*dreamweaver
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flash and Dreamweaver are by no means "required" for web design.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts