Can you see the images on this page?

• Wasnt Me
  • Wasnt Me

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I'm in the process of designing a website and on this page: swallowholidaycottage dot com/cottage/listings/l0006.php

There should be ten images. I'm using a Mac with Firefox 4.0.1 and see the images ok. Using my friends machine which is Windows using IE6 the images are not visible.

I'm using Dreamweaver to build the web pages, but I'm no html expert and was wondering if any of you folks might know what the problem is.

Thanks for any advice offered.

P.S. I spoke to the firm I got the templates from and they have told me that the original templates were tested in IE6.... so I must have corrupted the code somehow.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

On that page there are 10 images on the left. FF4, Opera 11, Chrome, IE8, IE7

I truly think your friend should just ditch IE6 as it is a piece of junk and is WAY outdated.
  • Kiwell
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kiwell

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya, I'm also able to see the 10 pic. I'm using firefox 3.6.17, chrome 10.0. It's funny to use IE 6 in 2011. But it's your friend's personal choice. Many technologies are very older version in IE 6 and it was very complex. And it requires many bounding in codes.
  • Kiwell
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kiwell

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you did your best things for the website. But I also use IE 9.0 beside firefox 3.6.18. I also found some bug in IE 9.0 which not supported some types css and php of my website. I left it.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you really want to have it working in IE then you just need some IE code to make it display correctly. Honestly i would rather add different code to detect the browser and if IE=detected > Download_firefox()

lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts