CanI do This In HTML/CSS?

• ndn
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ndn
  • Loc: Reno

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can I do these menus in just HTML & CSS? Look "http://macknezjohnson[dot]com" I'm going to try to bring my site out Flash and into HTML. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its possible but the horizontal text/sub nav thing is going to be a lot of work. I'd say if your serious about dropping Flash that you might want to consider more traditional placement of the menu items as well.
  • Faurax
  • Born
  • Born
  • Faurax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, you can do that more simplyfied graphic or you can do your site very heavy by linking to a lot of pictures of the buttons and everything your used to in flash. But to make and upload only pictures and time scripts would be a hell of a job to do instead of your first option. If your not yet familiar with dividing the frames of html documents with framesets, you should check out a tutorial showing it, it´s very useful some times.

I suggest that you think about if your website realy has to be like flash when it´s not. Or if you want it to be fast. When a website starts to load just a few seconds and nothing seems to happen, new visitors just leave the site and goes back to the search engine they came from. But that´s just my oppinion on this topic. You decide what to do. Just trying to help.

By the way, if you use images with transparency with in it and drop down menus with pictures instead of texts in four different angles. You can make an exact copy of the visual graphic on the link you wrote, without using advanced scripts.
  • ndn
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ndn
  • Loc: Reno

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I'm going just redesign the whole site. Might keep some aspects of the old site. I can't seem to keep the menus without it being inaccessible to all users. Thanks for your responses, I think I almost "bit off more than I can chew".

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts