Clicking text link in cell but all in table show as visited.

• Ron B.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ron B.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

My site has tables containing a number of cells with text links. These links point within the same page. When a link is clicked, all the links in the table, (with the exception of the main index on the home page) display as having been visited. Is there a way to keep each link independent? So that just the one chosen will change color? Thanks.

Ron B.

http://members.shaw.ca/cef54
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you can show us the source code for the table it would be easier to advise you, but if I had to take a stab in the dark, I would say that you have an opening or closing anchor (a href) out of place somewhere or you have an extra one in there some where. The only other that that comes to mind is that if all the links link "within the same page", then you may have named all your anchors the same thing.

Copy and past your source code here and it will be much easier to tell you for sure. Or just provide the link to the page giving you the headache.

-------------------
Skip that last line. I see what you're talking about. I'm checking it out:
http://members.shaw.ca/cef54/inda.htm
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK...that's normal. You can use this small tute as an example (it does the same thing).

http://www.sunweaving.com/help/en/addanchor.html

When you link to an anchor within the same page by default it will show all internal anchor links as visited because technically you have visited the page. (The internal anchor is just an extension of the page. If it were linked to a new page or an internal link on a different page, then it would do what you want)

Two work arounds:
1> Link to a different page. (not really practical in your case. Your stuff works just fine as it is).
2> Use style sheets for the anchor tag to dictate that "visited" pages are the same color as "non-visited" -- of course that still doesn't do what you want it to do, because the links will all still appear the same color and never indicate what is or isn't visited.

Bottom line -- methinks you are stuck with it like it is. Sorry. For what it's worth -- it's not really all that bothersome IMO.
  • Ron B.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ron B.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks very much ATNO/TW for your reply. It was something I had been wondering about for awhile.

Ron
  • She God
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: California (Land Of The Cackling Sun)

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have such a nice soft green, why not make your links match it rather then having the hash default colors? Try #808060 and #ECECB1.
  • Ron B.
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ron B.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks She God, good idea! The next time I add information to the site I'll make the change.

Ron

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts