Clone WP source stuck with old meta data

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have cloned a old WP site of mine and re-branded and updated it and everything is operational and i am just down to the last few small details before launch.

But the one annoying thing i have been working on for the past week is after changing the meta data like title and description through SEO ultimate and then post the web site on facebook, once facebook does the lookup and gets the details for the post. It shows the old web site name even tho it has been changed.

I have been reviewing every kind of setting i can think of but when posting the link to facebook, everything links to the new site but the name is still the same as the old site.

i am running out of ideas and almost over my personal deadline for this project.

any information to a possible solution would be much appreciated.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Found a solution

facebook has cached old data and kept it from the cloned web site, i went and loaded the site in the debugger and got a error. Did some more research and came back and ran it again for a 2nd time and re-cached the data and fixed it instantly.

Even tho it was a new domain it i assumed it created a new entry in the database of facebook and updated the values instantly via debugger tool.

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad you resolved this, and thanks for sharing Facebook's debugger tool, seems like something that could be useful down the road :)
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Glad you resolved this, and thanks for sharing Facebook's debugger tool, seems like something that could be useful down the road :)

I didn't even know it existed but it fixed it on the spot which was impressive being that facebook is one of the biggest sites on the internet.

But im sure it will come in handy down the road.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts