Confused to why I cant change titles on template

• bayliner75
  • Student
  • Student
  • bayliner75

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys

It been a long time this I have posted on this site.

I decided to have a go at building a website, so I download a template from justdreamweaver , I open it up with dreamweaver cs3 and looking at help pages they told me to select homepage html which I did. The only thing is that it will not let me change nav buttons or titles. They seem to be locked. What do I need to do.

If upload homepage dwt I have no problem in changing nav buttons ect but when I come to view the page on browser it does not look right but when I upload homepage html I can view it fine on a browser.

Please can some one explain what I need to do to change all parts of the website using upload from homepage html , I am just learning so an simple explanation would be great.

Regards

Paolo
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ive never been able to understand DW's UI but im sure there is a way to access the HTML, you cay have luck changing the code rather then using the UI just because you can not lock code but DW might be stopping you from doing it in there design view or whatever...
  • roje0913
  • Student
  • Student
  • roje0913

Post 3+ Months Ago

open it up in notepad, notepad doesnt care about all those dreamweaver tags. You can remove the template coding if you want from there too.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts