Contact Form

• smith_zach89
  • Student
  • Student
  • smith_zach89
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've created my own contact forms in the past, but they've given me a lot of trouble. Does anyone know where I can find coding that will allow the message to go directly to my inbox, and at the same time be completly built into the site?

Also, on a side note. I notice some sites have their own symbol next to the title in the address bar and in the Favorites menu. What is this called, and how would I go about installing it?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to Ozzu.

First, depends which programming language you want it in

Secondly, look about 5 posts down :)

or here: http://www.ozzu.com/website-design-forum/design-tip-favicons-that-small-icon-the-address-bar-t20434.htm
  • smith_zach89
  • Student
  • Student
  • smith_zach89

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like I'll be here a while at these forums. They are an awesome source of information.

Alrirght, if you were referring to language for the contact form, I'm to a point where I don't care. I'd rather stick with HTML if possible though.
  • smith_zach89
  • Student
  • Student
  • smith_zach89

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got a contact form on my template now: http://www.magicities.com/smith_zach89/ ... ntact.html

I like the way it looks, but I don't like the screen it takes you to after you hit submit. Can anyone help me git rid of that coding so it just sends it straight to: smith_zach89@yahoo.com ?

Thanks!
  • smith_zach89
  • Student
  • Student
  • smith_zach89

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now, another problem I face everytime I create a form, is that when I have the command as, "mailto:smith_zach89@yahoo.com" it automatically tries to open an e-mail program, rather than sending it through the site. I tried changing the coding in the description above to mailto but it won't allow me to do it either.
  • diverdan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • diverdan
  • Loc: Alabama, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

mailto: is simply a way to link email addresses, not a way to submit mail thru a browser

i think you need to use javascript or some sort of server-side scripting language (PHP :)!! ) in order to get the results you want

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts