Creating a curve

• s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would imagine this has been addressed b/4, but I couldn't find it using search. If it's out there just post a link please.

My question is this. In creating my site...I have a top nav & a left nav. How would you go about giving it that curve in the corner where the two navs meet? An example of what I'm trying to say is <a href="http://www.appstatepikes.com">here</a> I regret the wording of my question may be vague.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Idea 1:
Put a non-repeating image into the top right corner of the content

idea 2:
Make either the nav wider, or the title taller and add an image in there

idea 3:
use an image in the content section (kinda joining 1 and two)

idea 3
You could use a image that is not inside any element and use position:absolute to place it.

There are a thousand ways of achieving this, if you don't need a background image on the content - I would go for number one

edit the example you posted uses method 2, making the nav wider and adding an image :wink:
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went with method 3 sorta. I chose to give the curve it's own frame. It's certainly over-kill, but for the time. At least I have my curve. I'm working on figuring out how to assign an absolute position to it. From what I've gathered thus far, is that I'll have to set this in my CSS. But, I haven't had much time to research this yet. I'll get it. Again, thanks for the help RTM!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts