creating myspace web layout

• psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI all...1st time posting in this forum *pats himself on back for growing up a little*
ok heres my dilemma
ive been searching google up and down and either i was zoneing out too much or they dont have topics or help on creating your own web layouts for myspace.
i have a file on my computer that i created a few months back that id love to make into a web layout for my myspace. i think it also has to be changed into html im not sure...but the file is about 480 mb...its a jpeg. thankx all
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

All I can say for now is: More details are required. What is myspace? Do you mean MSN myspace? And showing us the image may help too.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

erf..sorry i just thought that since myspace was sooo popular every1 would already know what it is...
myspace.com
its a site like xanga.com and hi5.com i guess its a get together type of site. im not sure what category it fits under but when u see it i think youll understand

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e280/ ... oetry1.jpg is the file location. i want to make this file into a web layout or a background for my myspace
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. :(
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... estionId=7
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

hustlinpapi1 dont get impatient.

The image you showed is hardly a web layout, I would call it more of a background. Still if you really wanted to make that into a web layout it would be best to slice it on Photoshop. Then make it a layout in Dreamweaver.
  • cinnabar
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cinnabar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another note. If you used Macromedia's sister app, Fireworks, it makes slicing and importing to a webpage design app a cinch. Especially if you use Dreamweaver; the transition is seemless, plus you can optimize the graphics before your export the slices.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ace5p1d0r wrote:
hustlinpapi1 dont get impatient.

The image you showed is hardly a web layout, I would call it more of a background. Still if you really wanted to make that into a web layout it would be best to slice it on Photoshop. Then make it a layout in Dreamweaver.

whats the difference between a web layout and a background?
by using html i could "create" an image from scratch? i dont understand how you can make colors and shapes from letters...

there isnt any other way to do this because i dont like to download files much anymore...i will if i have to just wondering if theres an alternative choice
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is my understanding that a "web layout" frequently starts its life as a photoshop mockup. As such, it and backgrounds have one thing in common: they're both images. The difference is that a background is just that: a single image specified as the background on a web page, while a layout is sliced and diced and turned into a template that consists of an (X)HTML page, several graphics, a stylesheet, etc. Layout is (I think) a desktop publishing term (well, that's where I heard it, many many moons ago), meaning look, here are placeholders, this is where this goes, this is where that goes, the end result should look like this. Layout editors interpret that one way, and now web site editors (coders, authors, whatever) interpret it another.

No, you can't create an image with HTML. Sorry, didn't understand your comment about downloading files.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think he meant "downloading templates".
I think you're also getting a little confused ;).
HTML is used to create a website layout and to display information on the internet, and to also decorate/dress it up.

The image you've shown us is a background/abstract. Unfortunately, it's extremely hard to turn an abstract into a web layout. A website layout usually consists of three things.

1. A heading
2. Contents/Text & Images
3. A sidebar for all your links.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
there isnt any other way to do this because i dont like to download files much anymore...i will if i have to just wondering if theres an alternative choice
The alternative is to learn HTML to make your website.

Hope that helps.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

are any of you guys familiar with the sites myspace.com or hi5.com or xanga.com? if you are you would see the background that they use to customize there own page is usually just an image or more like a background picture...they dont usually have any text but some do...thanks for your help guys im just gonna google my fingers off on learning how to make a wweb layout

and what i meant before about the comment that noone seemed to overstand....i meant to say if there was any other way of creating a web layout without having to use fireworks or photoshop cs2(i think thats the name) because i didnt want to download any other files do you understand now?
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can download/buy a WYSIWYG editor (What You See Is What You Get), which allows you to drag and drop, put in text and all those things really easily without any coding required.

If you're into that, then I suggest Microsoft Frontpage.
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Gloucester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think all you want is that horrid image as your background for your myspace correct?

If so host your image online somewhere:

Google: free image hosting, then the image hosting will give you an address for you image, you then need to use that address and define a background with it using HTML

I guess?
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are a dozen or better sites that allow you to automatically generate styling codes for MySpace, including background images.

Upload your image to a free hosting service and then visit http://www.strikefile.com/myspace/classic.htm . You'll see a heading titled "Background Image". Simply change the 'off' to 'on' and copy/paste the file URL, choosing whether or not to center it on the page and whether or not you want it to scroll with the content. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Generate Myspace Code". Copy and paste that code into the "about me" section on MySpace.

That's just one example of the many sites that allow you to do this.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice one, bluephoneix! That's probably the most helpful response he's gotten from any of us. =]
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahaha that is all i actually wanted guys.... lol thanx
and whoever said my picture was horrid... is it really horrid? now im gonna overjudge my artistic flavors... art forum here i come! :shock:
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might also want to take into consideration the use of the image. If that is your packground for a web site it very well be horrid. What color text do you plan on using? Are you sure it will be readable? I have some art that I like alot but would not use as a background for a site becuase it is too busy which would make it hard to read any text that was on it.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, that's rather true. No offence, but I doubt there is such a colour that you can see without straining your eyes, or not being able to see it with that background.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are sites that allow you to change yyour text size and color coding..and i decided to not use that peice but its still one of my fav's...heres my page any suggestions...[url]myspace.com/thankucumagain[/url]...its still very much underconstruction so any links of some funny images etc are very much appreciated-if ur into that sorta thing
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could use any image for a background inmage, but then the div that you are going to use for text should have a background color. I did something similar at aoliveria.com I have a background image that would make it easy to read any text, (there was to many light and dark areas together so it didnt matter what col0r the etext was, you couldnt read it. So I made the div a sold color, yes it blocks out some of the background image, but you still see it and you can read the text. I think (I said think) that you can use a transparancy thingy with css but Im not sure how well that crosses browser lines.
  • BroPoet
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I understand correctly you're looking for the same thing that I am.

I want to be abale to design my own Myspace templates. They've come up with all these generators, and I've even seen some pages done in all flash.

So someone is making them...

The generators are fine they do make your pages look better but not unique enough for me...

I know Photoshop, Frontpage, and SwishMax, so does anyone know of a way to created your own from scratch.

HTML is fine too I just want full control of it... Lay it out, add my own graphics, and then pop it in....

Thank you all in advance for your help...

BP
  • alexmos
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Europe, RO

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are not good creating your own layout, you could hire someone to make it for you... :roll:
  • Mephistox
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Mephistox

Post 3+ Months Ago

alexmos wrote:
If you are not good creating your own layout, you could hire someone to make it for you... :roll:

Rofl. We're talking about myspace here.
  • goldenanjie
  • Born
  • Born
  • goldenanjie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Myspace.com is a network community for people to connect with friends of friends and so forth, or simply to make new friends all over the world!

I understood exactly what HustlingPapi1 was talking about, he's looking pretty much for a 'template' which is web layout for Myspace.com, which means he's not familiar with the 'programming' language such as html and therefore not aware how to create it. That's where he comes for help to see if anyone could help him how to put that image as a background and create a layout throughout the entire page.

I would help you sweetie, but it has been a while since I've sat down and create a page with HTML source or Perl. Which is a way to create any page. So therefore, I've compile a couple of links that you can use, ready to make!

Also, when you find something that you're looking for on those sites, COPY (press both keys CTRL + C) the HTML code they will provide you with and go to EDIT PROFILE SAFE MODE make sure it is in SAFE MODE or if you're not satisfied it will screw up your page! PASTE (press both keys CTRL + V)the HTML code into ABOUT ME box and then click PREVIEW, if you like what you see click SAVE, if not then click on CANCEL.

Here are the links you might find to be helpful...

http://notes.blinkyou.com/
Blinkyou Personal Notemaker

http://www.glittergraphics.us/
Glittergraphics.us - Myspace Glitter Graphics, Free Myspace Glitter Graphics, Cute Myspace Graphics, Myspace Glitter Images, & More! - Myspace, Friendster, Piczo, Xanga, Livejournal & More!

http://photobucket.com/
Free Image and Video Hosting - Photo Image Hosting Site : Photobucket.com

http://www.myhtmlhelp.com/
BPGRAFIX - Graphics for your page! Myspace, Friendster, Piczo, Xanga, & More!

http://www.shadows.com/tags/myspace%20layouts
myspace layouts Search Results - Shadows.com

HOPE THIS HELPS! :)

GOOD LUCK!
ANJIE
HTTP://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/GOLDENANJIE
  • SebGrey
  • Born
  • Born
  • SebGrey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG wrote:
Nice one, bluephoneix! That's probably the most helpful response he's gotten from any of us. =]

Absolutely agree with you! It's true! :arrow:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 25 posts